• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Rancho Obi-Wan

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 05, 2007, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I thought I was a collector.. this guy is amazing.. he's pretty well known in the Star Wars circles and I have read that he was a huge collector.. but WOW  :jawdrop

Jen

That was a great clip you found Kenny. Do you know if there are more? It looked like a segment of a larger show. I'd love to seem more. Oh, and I would LOVE to have the animatronic   Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes in my livng room!!!!

I've see parts of his collection on another show, but I can't remember where. I've heard interviews with him on Star Wars Action News and The Forcecast, he sounds like a down to earth guy.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I think this was suppose to be a series of videos for Hyperspace but never got past the first episode. They are now playing this on yahoo/star wars. So I went to you tube and found this one video only.

Rico

Steve's a great guy.  I actually met him very briefly at a convention many years ago.  I think he was still with the Wall Street Journal at the time but was known in fan circles as the guy with the biggest Star Wars collection.  He was just in a dealers room looking stuff over just like the rest of us fans.  I said hello and introduced myself and shook his hand.  I'd love to get a look at his collection some day.

jedijeff

I know when I was a hyperspace member, I had seen 3 or 4 of the videos, I am sure they are still on the site for Hyperspace members. He does have a huge collection. A collector friend I know actually went to Rancho Obi-wan a few years ago to help Steve Organize his collection, said it was amazing how much stuff he has. I think it would be cool to see his collection someday, especially for all the unique pieces he has. That said I alos think he has a lot of everything, and it looks a bit cluttered, actually prompted me a bit to rethink my collecting habits.

wraith1701

As always, thanks for the cool link, Kenny!

In a fairly recent interview (I think it might have been on SWAN), Sansweet was asked what the current favorite piece in his collection was.  His respnse:  A miniature tin R2-D2 made for him by a fan in Mexico.  I think it's cool that with all of the high-dollar, premium format stuff in his collection, this fan-created piece is so highly valued by him.

Jen

Didn't he also mention a pinata he bought in Mexico?  Maybe I'm mixing my interviews. :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

I remember the piƱata!  Come to think of it, the tin R2 might have been from an interview on the Forcecast.  I wish I could find a picture of it; it sounds like a cool little collectable.

moyer777

That was a great video.  What a cool place.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com