• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

LOST - Season Three, second half (might contain spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

jedijeff

Thanks for the screen Captures Kenny, definitely going to leave a lot for me to ponder for the upcoming months.
I don't know what to make of Jack talking about his father, and being a live. Part of me thinks his father is still alive, and another part of me thinks that Jack is delusional, and is just imagining his father is still alive. As well, when he was on the island, you could see his 3 day beard was greying, but in the flashforwards, his beard did not have any grey in it. I will have to make the assumption that he colours his beard.
I am also wondering if the flash forward is of some sort of alternate timeline.
I agree with Mark, that Charlie had time to escape, so he must have wanted to die, as he probably figured he would never escape that fate. I like how they handled Charlies death, in that we were expecting it, but then they gave us a bit of hope, that he would not die, but in the end they killed him. I found for a lot of the series, I did not care for the Charlie character, but just like Shannon, they made him into a likeable character before they killed him, and now I will miss him.
I think the Losties contacting Naomies boat will be a bad thing. I think Locke and Ben are correct on that, but both have no credibility with the Losties. Pennys reaction to the boat, and Charlies last act of the message, leads me to believe that this boat and group of people will be a bad thing for them. I have another thought , that maybe the boat and people are not bad, and tied to Jacks Flash forward revelation about being rescued.

Rico

The big question to me right now is whether the flash forward stuff is definitely the way things will turn out or are how they might turn out?  Could it be just how Jack thinks things might be in the future after they get rescued?  Is it more just his imagination?

markinro

Ben is like the boy who cried wolf.   Why would he expect anyone to believe him after all the lies ?  I doubt Jack's father is alive -- he ID'd the body in the morgue.  We also have the empty coffin.  What was the story behind that again ? 

Its a neat idea, but I don't know about this flash forward thing for the next 3 years.

Personally, I think it was Locke's funeral.   He didn't really have any family/friends and I can understand Jack's reaction.   Just one more thing to think as I watch the clock tick away into Jan 2008  - arrrrghhh...

jedijeff

That was really Funny. I liked the Flashback Scene, added a lot of humour to the interview.

JoSpiv

Quote from: Rico on May 25, 2007, 05:37:47 AM
The big question to me right now is whether the flash forward stuff is definitely the way things will turn out or are how they might turn out?  Could it be just how Jack thinks things might be in the future after they get rescued?  Is it more just his imagination?

I really believe what we saw there was a legit flash foward.  Whether it's one possible future is still in question.  In the Lost universe they've made a big deal about time, and our ability to change the future. 

That final scene is incredible.  What exactly does Jack mean when he says he's sick of lying?  Did Oceanic, or some other group make them lie about what happened on the island?  Were they paid off?  Was Kate given a pardon with the understanding that she'd keep quiet?

Obviously, the big question of the flashfoward is who is in the coffin, but I think this isn't as important as we think it might be.  Often times Lost has one mystery that we think is really important, but it's there to divert our attention from other mysteries.  Lost loves misdirection.

It was an awesome finale, best finale of the year. 
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Locutus

Here's a thought (that was probably expressed better elsewhere .. even so) - what if the stuff on the island was the flashback, and from now on they are off the island?

(I don't think that will happen, just an interesting thought.)
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.