• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Top 10 Sci Fi TV Series: Gone Before Their Time

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 06, 2010, 11:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElfManDan

Also John Doe. Forgot that one. That was a great series.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Sheppard on September 06, 2010, 04:38:50 PM
I don't know if you've see it Kenny, but one show that I absolutely loved and it's such a shame to see end after the first season was Charlie Jade.
Others that I see already mentioned being Legend of the Seeker, Journeyman, the Dresden File, and Sarah Connor.

Yeah I saw the first four episodes of Charlie Jade and enjoyed it but you need to be in a certain state of mind when watching that I don't think this I was.. still going to try and watch it again and some point.

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. another great show and that really ended on a cliffhanger.. may have to do a second top 10 :)

ElfManDan

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 06, 2010, 04:42:00 PM
I don't know if you've see it Kenny, but one show that I absolutely loved and it's such a shame to see end after the first season was Charlie Jade.
Others that I see already mentioned being Legend of the Seeker, Journeyman, the Dresden File, and Sarah Connor.

Yeah I saw the first four episodes of Charlie Jade and enjoyed it but you need to be in a certain state of mind when watching that I don't think this I was.. still going to try and watch it again and some point.

Yeah that's very true, it's not a light hearted show by any means. It's also really frustrating when you get to the end which is so amazing to know there isn't anymore.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Sheppard on September 06, 2010, 04:45:27 PM

Yeah that's very true, it's not a light hearted show by any means. It's also really frustrating when you get to the end which is so amazing to know there isn't anymore.

Yeah that's another good point.. do you go into a new series knowing that it's going to end on a cliffhanger or just last a few episodes.

ElfManDan

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 06, 2010, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Sheppard on September 06, 2010, 04:45:27 PM

Yeah that's another good point.. do you go into a new series knowing that it's going to end on a cliffhanger or just last a few episodes.

I usually tend to know if it does or not, but mostly I watch stuff that I've heard to be good. It bums me out at the end, but I'm really glad I watched it whether or not it ends that way.

beer

I'm pretty sure I started to watch 2 if not all 3 of your first three... Invasion, Threshold, and Surface. Was surface the one that had a kid with a seamonster thingy hidden in a bucket or something?

It might have been that Sept when Kyle XY(?) started... Had watched that too...

I prolly miss Earth 2 the most.

A month or so ago got the original "V" mimiseries dvd from the library - was gonna post about it at the time - wow, forgot just how good it was!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: beer on September 06, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I started to watch 2 if not all 3 of your first three... Invasion, Threshold, and Surface. Was surface the one that had a kid with a seamonster thingy hidden in a bucket or something?

It might have been that Sept when Kyle XY(?) started... Had watched that too...

I prolly miss Earth 2 the most.

A month or so ago got the original "V" mimiseries dvd from the library - was gonna post about it at the time - wow, forgot just how good it was!

See another great series that I forgot to mention.. Kyle XY really miss that one.. in my top 5

davekill

Good list!

here's a couple more:

Though S:AAB was already mentioned - I too want to add my harumph!

Space: Above and Beyond -
Nice mix of sci-fi and military.
Sadly, another FOX casualty.

and

Crusade -
Conceived as another five-year story arc by J. Michael Straczynski.
This Babylon 5 spin-off follows the events in the movie "'Call to Arms".
It was called to a halt and canceled by TNT.