• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

WINTER - 2014!

Started by Rico, January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKO

wow Rico that's a bummer...i hope it warms up soon. We had a few days of cold weather and had a quarter inch of ice which was the end of the world down here. It stopped everything the kids were off school for three days pretty funny ,but back to the 70's today and i am off to play golf with friends. Happy Sunday everyone and keep warm!
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

The shoveling was so bad this morning I had to get my wheelbarrow out in order to move the snow away from the edges of my driveway!

MARKO

wow Rico that's crazy i feel for ya brother....hard to believe that your moving snow and i am going to play Golf in shorts and a Tee. I def don't miss the harsh NJ winters... when i moved the first thing people asked was , are you selling your John Deer Snow Blower. Rico do you have a Snow Blower?
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Ktrek

We've been getting a little wintry precipitation today. Mostly in the form of rain turning to ice. Not as bad as we had in December though. Our weather has been like a roller coaster all last month. We would have 60 degree temps and then drop to the teens at night and highs in the 30s and two days later back in the 50s to 60s. I'm very sensitive to weather changes and I have not been feeling good for a month now with no hope for any change soon. Apparently we have more wintry precipitation coming next weekend according to the long term forecast.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: MARKO on February 02, 2014, 09:17:14 AM
wow Rico that's crazy i feel for ya brother....hard to believe that your moving snow and i am going to play Golf in shorts and a Tee. I def don't miss the harsh NJ winters... when i moved the first thing people asked was , are you selling your John Deer Snow Blower. Rico do you have a Snow Blower?

Nope - no snow blower.  Just lots of muscle power!

Bromptonboy

It hit 54F here today - which is a huge change.  All that goes away - we have a winter storm warning for Monday.  4" to 5" on the way. 
Pete

Rico

Only about 24F. here today.  We haven't been much above freezing for months!  :(

Bromptonboy

As predicted - we went from 54 yesterday to below freezing and snow today.  School cancelled where I live.  Kids are happy!
Pete

Rico

You must be getting the leftovers from our recent storm. More coming in a couple days too!

Bromptonboy

Days like this I practice the old maxim 'It it's snowin...we ain't goin!'.  So I am telecommuting today.  :)
Pete

Rico

Kaylee and I took a little walk when I got home from work today before our next blizzard hits tonight.

Bromptonboy

We have one hitting us tonight as well - although it may be an ice storm.  No place where I live to put the snow.  Mounded up high already.
Pete

billybob476

Now we're getting it. Took me an hour to get into work, alternates between this and whiteout.

Rico

We got another 6 inches today, bringing our season up to about 60 inches of snow so far - or five frakking feet of snow!  About 152 cm for you metric boys.  All shoveled at my house by hand!

Bromptonboy

Yikes!  We lost power all day from the ice storm.  Just came back a few minutes ago.  :(
Pete