• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Good News Everyone, The Robots Are Returning

Started by davekill, November 24, 2010, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

An old favorite will relaunch soon.
Check out the preview email.

Hi,

You're receiving this because:

- you signed up at ridingwithrobots.org to be notified when the site re-launched, or
- you didn't sign up there, but I'm bugging you anyway because I value your opinion.

Either way, I wanted to let you know that the new site is nearly ready. Here's a sneak peek, in hopes you might give me your first impressions and suggestions. A couple of things to look for:

- Please watch that first short video, and let me know if you think it helps explain things for someone who might be new to robot riding.
- Check out the solar system guide in the middle of the page. It's kind of like baseball cards, except for space robots. The News, Mercury, Venus and Moon tabs are close to ready; the others aren't finished yet.

In fact, you'll see that lots of things are unfinished, in draft form or just missing entirely. (What IS there is all the content from the old site.) I just wanted to get your take on the overall direction here. Even if you don't have time for that, please do come back around December 1 -- when I hope it will be fully baked. If the web site turns out, the podcasts, widgets, etc. will return soon, too.

One thing I'm thankful for this year is all of you. Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends, and to everyone:

Keep looking up!

Bill

Here's the link: http://www.ridingwithrobots.org/blog/

PS, feel free to share this with people who you think might be able to offer constructive criticism, but let's please not circulate this widely until I've finished getting it ready. Thanks!

Riding with Robots, or How I Grew Up to be a Space Cowboy

Rico