News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on October 14, 2011, 09:04:36 AM
yeah last nights episode was especially geeky.

[spoiler]No more evil Wil Wheaton.. not sure how I feel about that. Wonder if we're going to get Evil Brent Spiner now[/spoiler]

I'd love to see more Brent in anything.  If it can't be more Star Trek, then Big Bang would be my second choice.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

jedijeff

I have to say the last 4 or 5 minutes of the Episode was possibly some of the funniest stuff ever for the show. Great stuff, I watched that final scene a few times over and could not stop laughing

[spoiler]The opening was pretty good. Leonard bartering over the sword was great. I found it funny on a few levels, 1st Sheldon was stressed over possibly missing out as it was limited to 8000 pieces. Then the subtle humor that 8000 run is a pretty big number for a sword actually, that seemed like a nod to collectors.[/spoiler]

spaltor

I haven't had a chance to look closely, but on Twitter...
[spoiler]Bill Prady posted that "At the party in last night's episode, Stewart was talking to #startrek writers DC Fontana and David Gerrold ("Trouble with Tribbles")."  Pretty cool extra geeky trivia.  [/spoiler]

WillEagle

Loved the beginning of the last episode. Hope to see more Spiner and Wheton. [spoiler]When the wife and I were watching the beginning of Big Bang and they were bartering over the sword, Trish said I would have been like Sheldon and would have just bought it. She would have been the one trying to get the price down. lol I also enjoyed the storyline of Howard going to be an astronaut. And of course loved the final scene with Spiner when he tore open the package. lol and when Leonard bartered with Spiner on the signed Data figures and him to come to a birthday party! lol I do alot of "lol" during Big Bang.[/spoiler]

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on October 14, 2011, 05:24:44 AM
Great geek-filled episode last night with Wil Wheaton and Brent Spiner.  Lots of great moments.  Loved the opening bit in the comic shop.

Figured you would like that.   "grown men with a hobbit dagger - wouldn't we look silly" :)

Feathers

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on October 14, 2011, 09:04:36 AM
yeah last nights episode was especially geeky.

[spoiler]No more evil Wil Wheaton.. not sure how I feel about that. Wonder if we're going to get Evil Brent Spiner now[/spoiler]

Ask Wil! He might tell you (but I doubt you could tell us).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Finally got to watch it myself. Really good one!

[spoiler]
Perhaps the introduction of evil Brent?
[/spoiler]

Rico

WillEagle

I'll be honest. I don't get into Halloween at all but i did enjoy last nights show. Very funny! [spoiler]I always like the comic shop scenes and when they wanted to take Leonards picture for meeting a girl there...FUNNY!! And at the end when Sheldon scared Leonard! Awesome, that even scared me![/spoiler]

Rico

That was a really fun episode.  I hope that new girl Leonard met shows up again.  They need a cute, true geeky girl on the show.  :)

Geekyfanboy

Really enjoyed last nights episode. I agree with Rico, hope we see this love interest back.

Does anyone else pause and read the "episode notes" at the end of the program. Some of them are extremely funny and insightful.

WillEagle

I do that with the dvd's. I don't have the option of doing it on my basic cable. And she would be a neat character to come back but I think Leonard blew it!

ricdude

It's way easier to read them here: http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php?p=1

Also includes the vanity cards for other Chuck Lorre shows like Dharma and Greg...

You're welcome. ;)

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on October 28, 2011, 09:13:01 AM
That was a really fun episode.  I hope that new girl Leonard met shows up again.  They need a cute, true geeky girl on the show.  :)

I agree as well Rico, I am hoping that new girl shows up again, I liked her. I feel the story with Priya has sort of run it's course, and she doesn't really fit in with the rest of the group.

I have to say, I really liked Sheldons Astrosmash shirt, I found it online, so I think I might order myself one.

Rico

The new girl is played by actress Courtney Ford who has been on "Dexter" and "True Blood."  But Leonard better be careful, she's married to Superman in real life.   :superman