• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Lt. Li Sameria - Operations

Started by MrOsterman, January 31, 2007, 08:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrOsterman

Character's Name:
Lt. Li Sameria, "Sammy" to close friends and relations

Stats

Born:
Place Of Birth: Bajor
Species Of Origin: Bajoran
Hair: Black, long and kept in a single tight braid
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110#
Skin Tone:  Very light
Telepathic and Empathic Status: None
Body: Slim build
Face :
Marital Stats: Single
Children: None
Habits: Tinkering with sensor equipment, mind coffee addiction
Quarters:  Neat, proper
Likes: A sense of privacy, opportunities to prove herself, beign part of a team
Dislikes:  Bullies
Ambitions and Goals: To avoid disappointing her family
Temperament: Shy and reserved, a product of being the "weak one" between her and her older sister.
Hobbies: The Earth instrument the Flute

Family
Mother: Li Teo Shara, killed during the Cardassian occupation
Father:  Li Joss, missing in action during the Dominion War
Siblings: Major Li Laren, sister, served in the Bajorian Militias now in Star Fleet on a command track.  Laren effectively raised her younger sister Sameria, but did so with a heavy bullying hand.  As such Sameria grew into a quiet reserved woman, quick to please and very introspected.

Character History
Sameria was born on Bajor during the Cardassian ocupation.  Her parents were not directly involved in the resistance but instead worked hard to keep a low profile and remain unnoticed.  In a retaliation against insurgents, Cardassian troops destroyed the family home, killing Sameria's mother when she was 3.  Her older sister then aged 13 stepped into the role of surrogette mother.  Their father took this as his cue to join the resistance and militias.

Laren was a bullying parental figure.  Sameria was never good enough, neat enough, or strong enough.  While their father was attending secret briefings, Laren was trying, unsuccessfully to be a perent, expecting her little sister to be far more grown up than was reasonable.  The result was Sameria's intense desire remian secluded, safely alone, or when around her sister to please at every turn.  She tried to be a good sister and daughter, but the expectations simply were often beyond her years.

When the Federation arrived, Li Joss formally joined the fledgling Bajoran armies and was stationed at a defensive orbital stardock.  His eldest daugther was now aged 20 seemed perfectly suited to continue her rearing of her younger sister, now aged 10.  There was no change in the way Sameria was treated.  One shift was that while in line for food rations, she heard a starfleet volunteer who was part of a team overseeing a power station reconstruction playing an instrument he called a "flute".  For several weeks while he was there Sameria found every excuse to sneak from the small residence she and Laren shared to listen.  Finally, the officer offered her a replicated flute for herself and a few days later left with his crew.  She never spoke to him long enough to learn this name; their encounters were comprised completely of his playing and her quietly listening.

Her first great relief came when she was 13 and her sister was accepted to starfleet accademy.  She moved onto the base with her father and remained there until the outbreak of the Dominion War.  But this would shift to tragedy soon enough.  She was on base when he was trasfered aboard one of the few ships Bajor was able to muster to the war effort where he served as crewman at a tactical station.  The ship was lost in the second battle for DS9, presumably with all hands.

Alone, Sameria managed on her own, resisting following her sister into the military as long as possible.  At the age of 19, her sister, now first officer aboard the USS Aquinas, presured Sameria into "doing something with your life" and joining either Starfleet or the Bajoran militia.  Her descision was made easier when Laren's ship was asigned the same sector of space as Bajor.  She joined Starfleet and hoped to put distance between herself and her abusive sister.

As a student at the accademy, Sameria did well for herself, not excelling particularly in any field except sensor theory and temporal mechanics.  She balanced her coursework with significant efforts in Tactical, Engineering, Science and Command tracks, building a resume to prepare for the generalist tacks of operations and engineering.

Her first posting was aboard the USS Sea Tiger, a light attack ship named for an old Earth submarine.  She served there under the command of Captain James Warwick and established herself as a talented, if introspective officer.  He was most taken with how much Sameria broke with typical "tough guy" attitude he had come to expect of Bajorans serving in Starfleet.  Frequently, it seemed, Bajorans wore their plight as refugees and oppressed people as a mark of honor but now Lt. jg Li was secluded and rarely showed herself to the rest of the crew outside of her scheduled duty times.  He penned a glowing recommendation regarding her transfer to the USS ____ and the accompaning promotion to Lieutenant.

Geekyfanboy

MrOsterman

- updated to include personal history -

Rico

ryanlb

"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Trekkygeek

You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

keozen

Love the detail!

I also like the "mind coffee addiction", he he.

MrOsterman

Quote from: keozen on February 07, 2007, 12:08:12 PM
Love the detail!

I also like the "mind coffee addiction", he he.

DOH... typo.  Shoulda been mild.. *shrug*

Mr. O

Archangela

You seem to be a worthy adversary. I think you will like Newel better than you think. :)
"Captain, I protest, I am not a merry man!"

MrOsterman

I totally forgot to add this but it would have been very noticable (gad I'm dumb and glad I caught it early)

Sameria is mildly near sighted and wears corrective lenses nearly all the time.  She has refused vission corrective surgery mutliple times and is steadfast in her preference for glasses.

How did I forget that?!?

Mr. O

Geekyfanboy

RPG Post Count (4 in Season 1) & (0 in Season 2)

Are you going to continue in Season 3?

If not do you want your character:

TRANSFERED, KIA (KILLED IN ACTION) or MIA (MISSING IN ACTION)

Thanks,
Commander Quinn

MrOsterman

Gad I'm sorry... I've been so busy.  I don't know if I shared it here or not but we're expecting our first baby at the end of November so I've been crazy busy all summer, and I'm not sure I have a lot of time to dedicate to the forum RPG.  For now how about Transfered and if time frees up I can transfer back on?

Mr. O

Geekyfanboy

Sounds good Mr. O

Congrats on the new baby to be...