• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Sci-Fi cheese!

Started by bevs_plaything, February 21, 2011, 02:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevs_plaything

I was wondering if there is a certain sci-fi show you watched as a child, or maybe you are watching now, that is pure "cheese," but you hold (or held) close to your heart? 

There are 2 that spring to my mind:-

Space Academy - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075585/

I am not sure if my next choice was broadcast in the States.  "Cheese" with a capital 'C,' a very camp show called Star Maidens, which I am not afraid to say I have on DVD!  LOL  - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Maidens-Classic-Cult-Sci-Fi/dp/B000ART9X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298324977&sr=8-1

I am looking forward to  readng your choices!! :biggrin

Rico

Couple that come to mind:  "Quark" and even the old "Logan's Run" TV series.

Feathers

Surely the Gil Gerard Buck Rogers falls into that category now too? From a clip I saw recently, it's startlingly worse than I ever remember it being.

I remember really enjoying that Logan's Run series too.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

From what I remember Buck Rogers only became cheesy in the latter seasons. I think season 1 was pretty much straight scifi.

bevs_plaything

Why didn't I think of Buck Rogers!!  Dangelus, the show was cheesy in the extreme;  with Gil Gerrald (the beef for the ladies), Erin Grey's buns and the over the top Pamela Hensley as the 'relish' you had all the classic ingrediants of a Big Mac!! :ohbaby

I almost forgot classic Batman, which has just started reruning over here.

Rico

Oh, man!  "Buck Rogers!"  Awesome pick.  You guys are giving me an idea for a special podcast now!

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Theme - Version 2

Buck Theatrical movie opening....

Buck Rogers Theatrical Opening

Dangelus

Quote from: bevs_plaything on February 21, 2011, 02:50:11 PM
Why didn't I think of Buck Rogers!!  Dangelus, the show was cheesy in the extreme;  with Gil Gerrald (the beef for the ladies), Erin Grey's buns and the over the top Pamela Hensley as the 'relish' you had all the classic ingrediants of a Big Mac!! :ohbaby

I almost forgot classic Batman, which has just started reruning over here.

It must be my subconcious blocking and re-imagining a better show! ;)

Rico

This is definitely pure cheese!  And I love it!

bevs_plaything

Buck gets on down!!  Buck Rogers Dancing

I think I will be getting the DVDs out over the next weekend!!

Redshirt97

:)Buck Rodgers In the 25 Century.  This was one of favorites when I was in my teens.  The first season was great but the second season everthing went down hill.  I watched it in reruns while I was on high school back in the 80's and enjoyed it just the same.  This past Christmas I ordered the complete series on DVD from Amazon.com for myself.  I had used a gift card from my brother and deiced to make that my persona gift this Christmas.  I have been enjoying a lot of retro scif lately especially the shows and movies on Rico's geekplay TV.   ;D  Thanks for those show and movies Rico
I am going with the best information that I have.

Rico

Glad you are enjoying things over on http://www.geekplay.tv
I plan on adding some more stuff soon too. 

Redshirt97

Quote from: Rico on February 21, 2011, 07:03:29 PM
Glad you are enjoying things over on http://www.geekplay.TV
I plan on adding some more stuff soon too. 

Thanks great to hear Rico,  I will look for that.   I have watched all of the Logans run and some of the episodes of man from Alinanis..  I have watched the Questor tapes, it is the only movie I have watched show far.  I haven't been on the site in a little while but maybe i will go back latter.

Bromptonboy

Ahhh, the lovely Erin Gray!  If only she could have been Janeway!
Pete

WillEagle

Buck Rogers!!! Cheesy!! I don't think so!! OK maybe it is. I think I saw this series at Wal-Mart for $15 or $20.
As far as my pick, how about ALF!  :roflmao He liked cheese and about everything else!

Redshirt97

Quote from: Bromptonboy on February 22, 2011, 03:11:20 PM
Ahhh, the lovely Erin Gray!  If only she could have been Janeway!

Yes she is very lovely.  So was some of the other co-stars in the series.