• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Dexter" - season five - spoilers

Started by Rico, July 24, 2010, 08:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Just heard the rumor today that an affair with Julia Stiles was responsible for the breakup.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

QuadShot

Interesting. I liked the season ender. And, I'm glad Lumen isn't going to continue on, like Rico said, the show is called Dexter. Not Dexter, Inc. It may have been interesting to see how that paradigm would have evolved, but I think it would have changed the context of the show completely. I want to see how Dexter deals with things. It was nice to see this season and how he was able to find someone sort of like him, but I don't believe I'd like to see that on an ongoing basis. Can't wait for next season. Especially in light of the divorce! That was just weird anyway. I mean, she's his SISTER! :)

Jobydrone

Rico, I inferred from an earlier post of yours today that you might be looking for something to read.  Might I suggest the Dexter series?  While the plots of the novels veer sharply from the direction of the Showtime series, the same tone and feel that we love from the TV show is definitely present in the novels.  I'm in the middle of book three (of five) and have been loving them.  Highly recommended!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Good idea.  They were on my list to read at some point.

Jobydrone

Even Edward James Olmos is getting too close to Dexter this season

http://www.avclub.com/articles/even-edward-james-olmos-is-getting-too-close-to-de,56557/

While Dexter's upcoming sixth season already has its requisite young allies and/or antagonists secured in the casting of Mos Def and Colin Hanks, it's so far been missing that guest star who can provide the sort of craggy authoritativeness previously embodied by the likes of Keith Carradine and Peter Weller. Enter Edward James Olmos, alpha male of craggy authoritativeness, who has just been confirmed to return to his first recurring series role since Battlestar Galactica by playing a "brilliant, charismatic professor of religious studies." Presumably that academic background brings Olmos' character in contact with Hanks' "highly intelligent ancient artifacts expert" and maybe even Mos Def's born-again ex-con. In other words, expect lots of portentous religious metaphors from this season of Dexter—and if someone doesn't utter a line about the "sins of the father" to single dad Dexter, we'll eat our metaphorical hat.

Rico

QuadShot