• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Cali Lewis ends Geekbrief.tv

Started by Rico, July 07, 2010, 07:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

One of my favorite Tech vidcasts has always been Geekbrief.tv with host Cali Lewis.  But a couple weeks back Cali ended Geekbrief with a final show saying they couldn't come to an agreement with Mevio who had hosted Geekbrief for the years it aired.  I was a bit shocked and sad.  Cali knows her tech, is a very pleasant host, and just seems very down to earth.  I'm not quite sure what the trouble was with Mevio (most likely money - it's always about money), but she has picked up right where she left off with a new show over at Revision 3 called Geekbeat.tv.  The new show is very much like her old one and I urge everyone to check it out and subscribe.

http://www.geekbeat.tv

billybob476

It seems like a lot of people who've been in the space for a long time are starting to congregate on the bigger networks. We have Tom Merritt and Sarah Lane moving to the Twit network, now Cali Lewis and many others moved over to Revision3. To a lesser degree the people around the Extralife space are congregating under the Frogpants banner (like Coverville and some of Tom Merritt's independent projects).

It's an interesting direction that I didn't really foresee.

Rico

Yep, you're right Joe.  I still need to email Scott over at Frogpants sometime soon.  I think he could use a cool, geeky, sci-fi show in his bag of tricks.  ;) 

billybob476

Yeah I definitely think TrekSF is well suited to Frogpants. Not to mention how you used to contribute to ELR way back when.