News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Podcast #807 - TRON Rerun

Started by Rico, February 14, 2021, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Bromptonboy

I used to really love the Tron video arcade game.
Pete

Rico

Jobydrone

Both Tron games were amazing. The first game was really cool, especially the light cycle stage. Does anyone remember Discs of Tron?  The best version in the arcades had you stand up inside this phonebooth-like thing and you character stands on a big disc floating in space throwing frisbees made of energy at your enemy, who's on another disc in front of you in 3d space.   Really cool advanced game from the 80s.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Jobydrone on February 28, 2021, 01:01:42 PM
Both Tron games were amazing. The first game was really cool, especially the light cycle stage. Does anyone remember Discs of Tron?  The best version in the arcades had you stand up inside this phonebooth-like thing and you character stands on a big disc floating in space throwing frisbees made of energy at your enemy, who's on another disc in front of you in 3d space.   Really cool advanced game from the 80s.
Wow, no, I recall the mini version of that within the older Tron game...probably good thing I didn't see this one, as I would have wasted even more quarters...  ;)
Pete