• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Please toss the Podcast a review on iTunes

Started by Rico, January 13, 2006, 04:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmonaut

hi jen! :)

yes, i understand why they'd like to have it. ;)

but as most germans i only have a debit card, no credit card. :(

and no credit card means no itunes account means no reviews for the podcasts i love... :(
(a gift certificate might work and those can be bought in stores, but i'll have to do some research to be sure)

there might be a way around it with the itunes app store, but i don't know if it will enable me to write reviews, we'll see.

Jen

Quote from: cosmonaut on September 11, 2009, 10:26:58 AM

and no credit card means no itunes account means no reviews for the podcasts i love... :(
(a gift certificate might work and those can be bought in stores, but i'll have to do some research to be sure)

there might be a way around it with the itunes app store, but i don't know if it will enable me to write reviews, we'll see.

Hi Katrin, you leave a review for Rico on http://www.podcastalley.com instead. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

cosmonaut

Quote from: Jen on September 11, 2009, 10:29:55 AM
Quote from: cosmonaut on September 11, 2009, 10:26:58 AM

Hi Katrin, you leave a review for Rico on http://www.podcastalley.com instead. :)

say, is podcast alley still relevant? i remember rico asking for a vote nearly every show, but not anymore.

i thought itunes is more important, and it seems i found a workaround. the link, in case anyone else has the same problem:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534?viewlocale=en_US

now i only have to figure out what to write! :D

Rico

You can certainly still do Podcastalley.  I just frankly grew kind of tired of mentioning it on the podcast.  Since iTunes seems to be one of the biggest hubs of podcasts around, I've been trying to get more reviews and/or ratings over there.  At least as much as I can.

cosmonaut

And good reviews and ratings there are! :)

i borrowed a bit from the 'helpful' comments there, so i wouldn't miss anything important and i think mine turned out nicely! :)

Großartiger Science Fiction Podacst

Auch wenn der Name nur Star Trek verspricht, dieser Podcast ist keineswegs nur für Trekker/Trekkies! Trek ist natürlich Schwerpunkt, aber andere Science Ficition Serien und Filme kommen nicht zu kurz, von den Klassikern wie 2001 - A Space Oddysee über in Deutschland eher unbekannten Filmen wie Buckaroo Banzai zu modernen Serien wie Battlestar Galactica. Was diesen Podcast besonders macht ist nicht nur die gute Vorbereitung auf die Shows sondern Ricos Wertschätzung für gute Science Fiction im allgemeinen. Wer also erwartet, dass einzelne Star Trek Serien vergöttert und andere nur runtergemacht werden, ist hier an der falschen Adresse, sogar Star Trek und Star Wars existieren hier friedlich nebeneinander.

Auch nach vier Jahren ist Ricos Show keineswegs langweilig geworden, er nutzt alle Formate, die in einem Podcast möglisch sind: Science Fiction Neuigkeiten, Kommentare zu ganzen Folgen, Reviews mit kurzen (audio-)Ausschnitten der besprochenen Serien/Filmen/Hörbüchern/Soundtracks, das Besprechen von Sammlerstücken,Interviews mit Fans und Gruppendiskussionen über Skype. Denn hinter Rico steht eine kreative Gemeinschaft, die den Podcast mit Berichten von Conventions, Reviews von Büchern, Musik, Filmen und sogar origineller Musik versorgt. Manchmal springen Gastmoderatoren ein, um über ihr Lieblings Science-Fiction zu reden, so gab es zum Beispiel eine Folge über Doctor Who von einem britischen Forummitglied. (Auch im Feed enthalten ist der Ready Room, wo die Beiträge der dorting Star Trek RPG Gruppe vorgelesen werden.)

Wer also guten Science Fiction zu schäten weiß und der englischen Sprache mächtig ist, sollte auf jeden Fall mal reinhören! :)

Rico

For the newer folks, if you use iTunes, here's the direct link to my Podcast there and where you can write a review:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=81185348

Ricardocameron

It seems like you have to have iTunes to comment...
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

Rico

Quote from: Ricardocameron on September 05, 2011, 07:57:30 PM
It seems like you have to have iTunes to comment...

Yes - or at least a way to login.  It's all free I think, unless you buy something.

Rico

If anyone hasn't left a review on iTunes for the podcast, please take a few minutes to do so.  I appreciate them!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/treks-in-sci-fi/id81185348

Jen

I find that people are not posting reviews as often on iTunes for us. Not sure why. Have you experienced a slowdown?  We were getting at least one a month for a while there. Now we're lucky if we get one every two or three months. Also, feedback has really dropped off, even though I ask for it on every episode and provide google voice mail number, email, forum address, Facebook, Twitter accounts, etc. Only our regular listeners send us comments, of which we're very appreciative. It's a little disappointing that new folks don't send in comments, we love to interact with people. It makes our shows better. I wonder if our listeners are just use to not getting to interact with other hosts and so they don't even try. Have you had that problem? Sorry if I derailed the thread, I don't mean to. Just curious if my fellow podcasters have noticed the same drop off.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ChrisMC

A good reminder...I listen to a bunch of podcasts and I should review the ones I've enjoyed...threw you a review, am gonna do a bunch of other ones too.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Quote from: Jen on May 10, 2012, 02:44:30 PM
I find that people are not posting reviews as often on iTunes for us. Not sure why. Have you experienced a slowdown?  We were getting at least one a month for a while there. Now we're lucky if we get one every two or three months. Also, feedback has really dropped off, even though I ask for it on every episode and provide google voice mail number, email, forum address, Facebook, Twitter accounts, etc. Only our regular listeners send us comments, of which we're very appreciative. It's a little disappointing that new folks don't send in comments, we love to interact with people. It makes our shows better. I wonder if our listeners are just use to not getting to interact with other hosts and so they don't even try. Have you had that problem? Sorry if I derailed the thread, I don't mean to. Just curious if my fellow podcasters have noticed the same drop off.

There are ebb's and flows.  I don't check very often on iTunes, but I always appreciate reviews.  As far as interaction, mainly I get it from the folks on the forum here.  I get some emails from others occasionally too.  But for the most part I just do the podcast because I still enjoy doing it.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on May 10, 2012, 04:10:39 PM
But for the most part I just do the podcast because I still enjoy doing it.

Oh yes, we do this because we love it too. I think we would have fizzled out a long time ago if that wasn't the case. Especially in the early days when all we did was giggle and laugh and sing stupid theme songs. :D  And I think most of our feedback comes through Twitter and Facebook these days.

Angela doesn't care one way or the other. But personally I like to hear what our listeners opinions are with regards to the subjects we chat about. I want to know their thoughts on the matter and mention their thoughts on the show...I like offering other viewpoints. Most of the time we get that feedback from our regulars on Facebook.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: Chris-El on May 10, 2012, 04:03:42 PM
A good reminder...I listen to a bunch of podcasts and I should review the ones I've enjoyed...threw you a review, am gonna do a bunch of other ones too.

And thank you for the review. If I could keep giving Rico gold stars on iTunes I would, LOL
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast