• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

WOW! Firefly is REALLY good!

Started by Bryancd, December 14, 2009, 08:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

WillEagle

I have watched most of the series but still have a few to watch. I did watch the movie when it came out and can see where I should have watched them all before seeing the movie. Still really enjoyed the movie.

turtlesrock

it is really good! for someone used to trek, maybe too many guns. but overall really good.

wait, there's a movie?! i need to see that!

JeffM

Quote from: turtlesrock on July 03, 2011, 06:52:38 AM
it is really good! for someone used to trek, maybe too many guns. but overall really good.

wait, there's a movie?! i need to see that!

I watched the movie before I watched the series...

and I do not recommend that!  It is a bit confusing, although Joss tried his best to make it reasonably standalone.

Firefly is so fantastic.  Too bad it wasn't on Sci-fi or somewhere where it could have survived with lower ratings.

turtlesrock

they're having a marathon on the science channel  on 4th of july. it'll be sweet! ;D

Meds

Ive just started watching it, mainly because i've been invited to a CSTS event in a few weeks time. Wish i'd watched it earlier as i cant believe how awesoem it is. Still got ten episodes to go :D

ricdude

Wow, and I thought I was late when I finally got around to watching it last year. Better late than never!

As a sign of just how amazing Firefly is, even my wife, who is not a fan of most sci-fi in general, *loved* it. Amazing character development, great setting, great storytelling (out of gas is my favourite). Great show.

In some ways, I'm glad I waited until I had the chance to watch everything in order, the way fox network wouldn't let me. I could easily see how watching it in broadcast order would add to the confusion..,

Bryancd

Quote from: ricdude on July 03, 2011, 01:15:37 PM
Wow, and I thought I was late when I finally got around to watching it last year. Better late than never!

As a sign of just how amazing Firefly is, even my wife, who is not a fan of most sci-fi in general, *loved* it. Amazing character development, great setting, great storytelling (out of gas is my favourite). Great show.

In some ways, I'm glad I waited until I had the chance to watch everything in order, the way fox network wouldn't let me. I could easily see how watching it in broadcast order would add to the confusion..,

It's also a huge fav for my non-sci-fi loving wife! We watch it together all the time on DVD. :)

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on July 03, 2011, 01:00:22 PM
Ive just started watching it, mainly because i've been invited to a CSTS event in a few weeks time. Wish i'd watched it earlier as i cant believe how awesoem it is. Still got ten episodes to go :D

It gets nothing but better and when it's over, you just so wish there was more!

ricdude

...and now attempting to get my parents hooked on it. As long as they can stay awake, I think I'm set...

KingIsaacLinksr

Btw, idk if anyone heard, but it was announced recently that the 2nd movie of Firefly was never happening.  But, considering how long its been since the last one, not too surprising.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

I didn't like Serenity (film not episode) but adored the series.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 09, 2011, 04:12:43 AM
I didn't like Serenity (film not episode) but adored the series.

Jamie isn't a big fan of the film either. I like it and it certainly has some great moments, but it's also very dark and would have benefited from a bit more of the light heartiness that made the series so special.

Geekyfanboy

Well just so you guys know there are comic books out there that continue the story, or at least tell more of the story in that verse.. all are well worth getting.

"Those Left Behind" is the 3 part series that takes place between the last tv episode and the movie Serenity

"Better Days" is a 3 part series that takes place sometime during the TV season

"Serenity - The Shepherd's Tale" A story all about Shepard Book

ElfManDan

I wish Joss would turn the comics into a regular series like Buffy season 8 though. I love those three, but we need more.