• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

It's official, we're going to have a new ST series!!!!

Started by Rendal, November 02, 2015, 02:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rendal

Just saw this news, still over a year out, but it's coming at long last...the dark times are coming to an end...

http://kryptonradio.com/2015/11/02/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017/

Rico

Yes, it seems very official.  Or as official as these things can be.  Let the internet discussions and rabble rousing begin!

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Ktrek

I guess it's likely to have a limited run of maybe 13 episodes then if it's only going to be available through CBS live access. I don't really mind the $5.99 a month but most of the CBS shows I care about are already on Netflix and if I subscribed it would be only to watch the new series and cancel once it was over. I think they will isolate a huge part of their potential audience by this decision and thus I expect it will have a very short life.
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Got a long way to go and much to come on this.  Exciting!

jedijeff

I don't really care what medium they deliver this to me, as long as I can get it. I read a few things about international, and said it would be available, but not how, so I just hope it is something I can get. Maybe this form of broadcasting it is better then a network TV approach for Trek, like syndication was great for TNG. Network TV and this type of Sci-Fi has never really had a great history, and I don't want to have to read articles each week about Treks ratings and what they mean.

Bromptonboy

Pete

WillEagle

CAN'T WAIT! I already have CBS all access so I guess I'll be keeping it. Plus I can watch CBS live in HD on All Access where my basic cable is not. So tonight I watched Supergirl live though the service!