iPhone 5

Started by Rico, June 01, 2012, 05:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Quote from: Ktrek on June 02, 2012, 06:22:56 AM
It seems like every other person you meet owns an iphone of one variety or another but I saw an article on Endgadget the other day that showed the statistical breakdown of users and Apple only has 31.4 percent of the market. Admittedly that is still a huge market but Google's Android owns a wopping 50.8 percent and if you had asked me I would have said it was just the opposite. Anyway, I thought that was interesting.

Kevin

Yes, beacuse Android is available on multiple phone manfucturers platforms whereas as IOS is only on iPhones.

Rico

Definitely true.  I think you can get an Android phone in Cracker Jacks these days or a box of breakfast cereal.  ;)  I'm not knocking them, but there are a zillion makers of Android phones.

Bryan - what did you think of the video I just posted?

Ktrek

If that video does represent the iphone 5 I'm not surprised that Apple is going to make the phone larger. So may phones now use a larger model and many users like myself choose a phone for the larger screen size. The iphone 4 was just too small of a screen for me to even consider it as an option. In order for Apple to even have a chance at winning over my demographic the screen size has to be bigger.

Also, moving the earphone jack to the bottom might present some problems for users who like to holster their phone while listening to music etc. It seems to me that the top of a phone is a more logical position . Placing the connector on the bottom could result in more strain damage on either the headphone cord or even to the iphone connector. I guess we'll see how it all pans out soon.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on June 07, 2012, 08:46:16 AM
Bryan - what did you think of the video I just posted?

Just did. Interesting, I like the larger form size.

Dangelus

The guy keeps saying "I don't know what this is" and it extremely annoying.

A) it's the shell of the new iPhone

B) it's a prototype design

C) it's a fake

It's not rocket science.... Lol

Many good sources are claiming we will see a larger form factor iPhone despite so many swearing Apple wouldn't do this. I feel the time is right. The iPhone screen is small compared to many of the other leading phones on the market.

Rico

Looks like the latest rumor is for a Sept. 12 announcement and on sale on Sept. 21st for the iPhone 5.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407799,00.asp

Bryancd

Earlier then I thought. Good because iPhone 4S sales have ground to a virtual halt as people delay waiting for this.

Bromptonboy

Pete

KingIsaacLinksr

Apple has a lot of stiff competition from Android, it will be interesting to see what big feature they have for it, because a bigger screen and faster processor won't be good enough. The S3 and HTC OneX are already there.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

MARKO

So.....should i Gazelle my iPHONE 4S or keep it and use it as an iPOD/camera  What does everyone think.... i already have two iPODS but the 4S is such a cool piece of hardware.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: MARKO on September 11, 2012, 09:41:09 AM
So.....should i Gazelle my iPHONE 4S or keep it and use it as an iPOD/camera  What does everyone think.... i already have two iPODS but the 4S is such a cool piece of hardware.

Marko

We have no idea what to expect tomorrow so...wait till then I guess.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

Marko
Gazelle?  What is this you speak of?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Quote from: Jobydrone on September 11, 2012, 01:03:41 PM

Marko
Gazelle?  What is this you speak of?

http://www.gazelle.com/

"At Gazelle, we pay you for the cell phones, iPads, Macs and other Apple devices you no longer need – helping you upgrade faster or just putting a little extra cash in your pocket. And along the way we do some good for the planet by finding new homes for the devices you no longer need."

Right now they are offering 277 dollars for an iPhone 4S in "good" condition (normal signs of wear).

MARKO

Well i'm def getting the iPHONE 5 and if there is a new ipod  that too and iPad Mini that too.... and if they update the iMac that also. So tomorrow might be a potentially expensive day for me :)
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Dangelus

It could be in the market for one. I could do with updating my phone and I suspect Apple are holding back a really awesome feature for the presentation tomorrow.