• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

What's everyone reading right now?

Started by Rico, May 30, 2008, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I just recently started the third Star Trek TITAN book called, "Orion's Hounds."  Pretty interesting so far.  Also keeping up on my comics and magazines.

So what's everyone else reading these days?

Bryancd

I have liked the Titan books. "Orion's Hounds" was good. I just finished the last Legacy of the Force book which was awesome. A really great series that. I am now reading "Tales form the Cantina".

X

I just finished the last book in the Star Wars new series and can't wait fro the new solo book in the EU about the Falcon. That basically means that I've read every post empire book except for the X-Wing novels.

jedijeff

Actaully I am reading Orion's Hounds as well right now. Also I just finished the 5th book in the Legacy of the Force series Sacrifice. I have bought all the remaining books in the series, so after Orion's Hounds I will read Inferno. Then Star Trek Titan Sword of Damocles, then another Legacy of the Force book. I am thinking of picking up a few of the Indy books as well. I have some trade paper backs of Spider man I want to Read as well the first Star Wars Dark Times Trade Paperback, and one other Star Wars Trade paperback. So my book reading for the summer is pretty well laid out.

billybob476

I'm finishing off Star Wars Legacy of the Force Revelation. Invincible just arrived and I'll be finishing off the series next. I also have the shat's new auto biography on order, should be fun.

Rico

I have to get back to "Legacy of the Force."  I find it hard to keep up with the Star Wars book series release schedule.

billybob476

My problem as well is I tend to forget details so if it's a few months since I read the last book I tend to restart the series over. I reread the first 3 legacy books twice already I think.

Ktrek

Currently I am reading several titles, as I always seem to do. I'm re-reading Enterprise - The First Adventure by Vonda McIntyre. I enjoyed this book the first time I read it and I am getting even more out of it this time around.

Alice Faye - A Life Beyond the Silver Screen - This book is a biography of one of the most talented musical singers and actresses Fox studios ever put on screen. She was just wonderful and her life story is extremely interesting.

The Golden Age of Cinema - Richard B. Jewell - This is a history of cinema textbook and is extremely well written that even a layman can appreciate.

Esther Williams - The Million Dollar Mermaid - This is another biography of one of the 1940s biggest stars. The champion swimmer and bathing beauty Esther Williams. She has an extremely fascinating life story.

Up Till Now - William Shatner - This is the latest biography by the Shat and although not as good as some of his other biographies it has it's moments.

That's it for now! :)

Kevin

"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

Quote from: Just X on May 30, 2008, 08:12:16 AM
I just finished the last book in the Star Wars new series and can't wait fro the new solo book in the EU about the Falcon. That basically means that I've read every post empire book except for the X-Wing novels.

I read the first few Rogue Squadron books and really liked them but never read them all. Same with New Jedi Order, first few book were good but the volume of books was a bit daunting. Legacy has been my favorite series besides Thrwan.

wraith1701

Legacy Of The Force was the best EU series since NJO, in my opinion.  The series really changed the status quo of the Star Wars E.U., and set up a lot of plot points that get explored in the Legacy comic. 

Since finishing the series, I've been reading William Dietz's Runner.  It's sort of an adventure/space-opera sci-fi story about an unlikely trio of characters adventuring in the distant future.  Like almost all of Dietz's books, it is an entertaining read. :)

redcoyote

I have just finished The Great Wars trilogy by Harry turtledove and have started the first book on the American Empire series called Blood and Iron. Which takes place after the end of the Great War.
Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Meds

Got the new James Bond book and shatner book on audio book so i can chill out on the beach, reading Dave Gormans book on his trip accross America 'Unchained' great book and tv show. All about Dave travelling accross America in a old Torino only going to unchained shops and gas stations. Not as easy as you may think.

Rico

I finished "Orion's Hounds."  Pretty good I thought.  I'm now starting a new fantasy series by Kim Harrison.  First book is called, "Dead Witch Walking."

Bryancd

Just finished "Beyond Band of Brothers" by Major Dick Winters. Provides even more to the legend of Easy Company.

Omra

Just finished Iron Kissed by Patrica Briggs a few days ago, all of her stuff is awesome!

And I am nearly finished with Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews, I love her dark and humorous style.