• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek Viewer Party??

Started by Duffster, June 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Since Star Trek is coming to Netflix in July, and I am guessing that at least some of the Treks in Sci-Fi membership have XBOX 360's.... Is anyone up for a Trek viewing party to celebrate Treks arrival on Netflix??

Just something that popped in my head that I thought could be kinda fun.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

X

Quote from: Duffster on June 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM
Since Star Trek is coming to Netflix in July, and I am guessing that at least some of the Treks in Sci-Fi membership have XBOX 360's.... Is anyone up for a Trek viewing party to celebrate Treks arrival on Netflix??

Duffster
Love to! I think we should have more viewing parties! I did the one with the ladies of Anomaly and it was fantastic. I'd love to do a Trek one that can be recorded and run like your typical TSF skype chat.

Rico ... Get your hands on a 360!

Rico

Quote from: X on June 13, 2011, 08:46:11 AM

Duffster
Love to! I think we should have more viewing parties! I did the one with the ladies of Anomaly and it was fantastic. I'd love to do a Trek one that can be recorded and run like your typical TSF skype chat.

My sons have 360's and Eric will be home with his in July - August so I'm in!  Does this only work on XBOX 360's?  I'm assuming it's some kind of group chat thing?

X

Quote from: Rico on June 13, 2011, 08:50:12 AM
Quote from: X on June 13, 2011, 08:46:11 AM

Duffster

My sons have 360's and Eric will be home with his in July - August so I'm in!  Does this only work on XBOX 360's?  I'm assuming it's some kind of group chat thing?
It's sorta like a chat but more. You get together with a bunch of people and when the host starts the show, you all watch it in sync. If someone pauses, it pauses for all ect. and you can talk during the show.

Rico

Sounds like a great time.  Now I just have to figure out a way to record it all.  Hmmm....I bet I could split the headset connection and feed it into my mixer.

X

Quote from: Rico on June 13, 2011, 09:00:54 AM
Sounds like a great time.  Now I just have to figure out a way to record it all.  Hmmm....I bet I could split the headset connection and feed it into my mixer.
That's what I was thinking, or you could run the audio directly into the sound input with a rca to 3.5mm adapter. Oh .. and 360 will have DVR, you tube, and live tv with the next update.

billybob476

I wonder if we'll be getting the Trek content here in Canada...somehow I doubt it. We don't even have BSG!!!! :(

moyer777

wish I had a 360 just for the party!  :)  LOL

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on June 13, 2011, 09:11:13 AM
I wonder if we'll be getting the Trek content here in Canada...somehow I doubt it. We don't even have BSG!!!! :(

Sadly, don't count on it...for some reason, companies still care about borders and oceans on the internet.  Even though that means less $$ for the companies.  Which makes no sense whatsoever to me. 

Why XBOX360 btw?  Why not Skype?  (Because I have no budget for a console atm)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on June 13, 2011, 09:55:32 AM

Sadly, don't count on it...for some reason, companies still care about borders and oceans on the internet.  Even though that means less $$ for the companies.  Which makes no sense whatsoever to me. 

Why XBOX360 btw?  Why not Skype?  (Because I have no budget for a console atm)

King
Because it's an xbox feature that syncs the video for everyone to watch at the same time.

KingIsaacLinksr

Never mind, dumb question, X already answered.  

*edit* hmm.  Well, that's pretty interesting, but that's not something I can join in =\

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

heh, awesome.

QuoteI contacted Netflix and inquired if this deal would be applicable to Netflix Canada. Here is the response from their vice president of communications:

We have separate license deals for streaming in Canada so the new CBS deal does not apply to Canada.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news/netflix-announces-two-year-deal-with-cbs-for-content-excludes-canada/

Jobydrone

I'll be there but my xbox live gold ends sometime in early august so lets do it before then
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

turtlesrock

aww! i have neither netflix nor an xbox. besides, i bet my parents wouldn't let me. :(

Feathers

We don't even have Netflix.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.