• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

TOS Cosplay at 2013 Austin Comic Con

Started by Jen, August 14, 2013, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

You need to work on your moves, so you will look as slick as Captain Kirk when he grabs for a phaser or tricorder.

Bromptonboy

I would love to see him arrive with a phaser rifle!
Pete

Jen

Angela and other Jen, from here on out to be known as "Sith Jen" (not me, my friend), have not received their TOS costumes yet. Cross your fingers, they were so busy making a wedding gown for our best friend that they had to wait until the last minute to order their dresses. Jen got a notice saying her order shipped, but Angela is still waiting. It may just be me and you Rico.
J
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

I posted this on the Anomaly Facebook Group Oct. 31st... I wore it to work for Halloween. My company hosted a costume contest and my friend from IT, who dressed as Indiana Jones, tied with me for last place. Go us! LOL

Anyway, hoping Angela and our friend "Sith Jen" get their costumes in. Otherwise it'll just be me and Stephanie dressed up. I forgot that she received hers a few weeks before me.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Angela just bolted into my office to tell me she and Sith Jen ordered, as a back up, Anovos TOS dresses and paid extra to have them shipped overnight. DUDE, that is commitment. If they get their less expensive dresses in on time, then they'll just return the mega expensive awesome ones. I kind of hope that happens, so that they save money and don't one up me in the costume department. :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

WOW!  That is commitment.  I hope all the costumes work out in time.  Keep me posted.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Jen

Angela got her dress on time! Because she was worried that the CosplaySky.com dress wouldn't get here before con (it's tailor-made, shipped from overseas and she waited until the last minute to order), she "bit the bullet" and bought an Anovos TOS skant dress as "Plan B". To her GREAT relief, they both came in on the same day and she was able to compare the two. She'll do a little report on that at some point. Anyway, she's sending the Anovos dress back. Angela decided to keep the Cosplay Sky dress for a number of reasons; they both fit the same, but oddly, the lesser expensive dress was nicer. The emblem was nicer, the fabric was breathable and just as nice, and it was made with all the same details plus a few that are there purely for modesty...like a hidden layer behind the flap in the skirt so your bloomers don't show when you bend over. Mind you, we know that the Anovos dress is screen accurate and that the bloomers SHOULD show when you bend over, but we're not exhibitionists. The Cosplay Sky dress is accurate enough and practical in more than one way.  We are very happy with the costumes we ordered from them.

PSA: If you have an event you want to wear a costume to... don't do what Angela did and wait until the very last minute. :D  She was lucky it worked out.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

MARKO

"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jen

Hi Marko. See the comparison report or the costume? :)  If you mean the costume, scroll up a little in this post. I uploaded it a few days ago. You can bet I'm getting my photo with Rico too. :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Bromptonboy

Pete

Meds

Bloomers!!! lol havnt heard that word in years pus over here a bloomer is also a bread product ;)

Cant wait to see all the pics from the con, especially the Rico meet up :)

Rico

"Scotty, beam me to Austin!"

MARKO

Quote from: Jen on November 21, 2013, 08:28:48 AM
Hi Marko. See the comparison report or the costume? :)  If you mean the costume, scroll up a little in this post. I uploaded it a few days ago. You can bet I'm getting my photo with Rico too. :D

Thanks!  you look great.... have a great time :)
"Amat Victoria Curam"