• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Heroes (might contain slight spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2006, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

There is a really good article in Entertainment Weekly.. also there are five different covers with Heroes characters on them. I have attached an awesome picture from the magazine.. just wish I had a bigger version. Anyways check out the article. There is some minor spoilers about May 7th episode but I don't think it spoils anything.

Here it is, folks â€" the battle royal we've been waiting for. In one corner: Hiro Nakamura, the time-stopping, samurai-sword-wielding comic-book nerd from Tokyo. In the other: Sylar, the watchmaker-turned-mutant serial killer destined to become the shape-shifting tyrant president of a genocidal dystopian America. It's a titanic collision of good versus evil, hero versus villain, and, yes, geek versus geek, and it's about to get under way on a Los Angeles soundstage...right after Sylar's mommy gets done stabbing her son to death. Just another day in the land of Heroes, NBC's cult-pop smash about an imperiled planet bursting at the genetic seams with superpowered peeps. Here, inside an ersatz New York apartment, work is proceeding on the three-part season finale, which begins airing on May 7. Looking more Beaver Cleaver than Hannibal Lecter with his severely parted hair and homely sweater, Zachary Quinto is rehearsing a scene in which Sylar confesses to his mother (Ellen Greene) that he has a nasty habit of murdering others of his freaky new ilk. (He spares her the part where he might be eating their brains, too.) Naturally, Mom is disappointed, so she grabs a knife and tries to gut him. The actors struggle â€" then they freeze. The physical universe has ground to a halt. It's Hiro time.

Slipping into the scene, Masi Oka withdraws his sword from its sheath and prepares to bring it down on Quinto's head. Does the noble hero have the stones to decapitate a defenseless, time-paused soul, even one as nasty as Sylar? ''I'm sorry,'' says Oka. Then, breaking character: ''Don't worry. It's not sharp.'' Quinto, steely brown eyes unflinching, doesn't laugh. His response: ''Bring it.''

As for what happens next â€" well, Sylar advises us not to reveal. And since this reporter likes his brain where it is, he'll comply. But it's intense. In fact, judging from the three days (covering all three episodes) that EW spent on the Heroes set, it is safe to say that the whole season-ending sweep blazes with intensity â€" an appropriately urgent pitch to a marvelously madcap season that has seen the series nudge aside Lost and 24 as the standard for serialized storytelling. Here's Hayden Panettiere, waving away offers of a stunt double as she runs and vaults through a fake window â€" the front end of a stunt that will send her indestructible cheerleader Claire out of a skyscraper and leave her splattered on the sidewalk. Here are Ali Larter (the schizoid superwoman Niki/Jessica) and Leonard Roberts (the walk-through-walls ex-con D.L.) flooded with emotion over being repeatedly manipulated by an underworld puppet master, Mr. Linderman (Malcolm McDowell). And here's the behind-the-scenes ringleader of this fantastic flying circus, Heroes creator Tim Kring, sauntering onto the set just minutes after writing the final sentence of the season's final episode, in which the show's sprawling, far-flung cast of next-gen X-Men will finally come together Super Friends-style in an attempt to save New York from being torched by a human A-bomb. ''The fifth act is ridiculous,'' chuckles the 49-year-old Kring. ''It's like a $90 million movie. It's just...big.''

Yep: Stakes are high. And not just in the  kind of way, either. The finale â€" right down to its eye-popping last scene â€" sets the stage for a second season designed to expand the show's creative horizons and commercial potential even further. The cast of Heroes will proudly tell you that they feel like they're riding a wave of change that is transforming television. Unfortunately for some, that wave is about to crash. There's a wall in Heroes HQ dotted with photos of dead characters (Isaac, Simone, Eden...) under a banner that reads ''In loving memory.'' Expect a face or two to be added soon. ''I thought I was signing up for a show called Heroes,'' says Adrian Pasdar, whose morally shaky politico Nathan Petrelli will make a choice in the finale that will affect the destinies of every character on the show. ''I didn't know I was going to wind up on Survivor.''

Geekyfanboy

Every week at www.comicbookresources.com they talk with the writers of Heroes.. Here was a interesting question and answer.. this is for all your Charlie and Hiro lovers.

Janet Ordiway wrote in again this week and started with, "First, tell the writers they are fantastic, amazing, gifted geniuses! This episode was amazing ! Best one yet!" You've already done so, Janet. She wanted to know a bit more about something you guys announced at Wizard World LA, that there'd be a book published this summer called "Saving Charlie" that explains the story of what happened between Hiro and Charlie during the six months he spent with her in the past. Janet wanted to know if there's word on when this will be released and if there were other details you could share.

Well Dammit Janet, thanks so much for the kind words. It was a labor of love and we couldn't be happier that it got such a reception with the fans.

As for “Saving Charlie,” we've got a publishing house and an author. Someone we hope to announce soon that will knock this story out of the park. We're hoping we can make an announcement by ComiCon as to a publishing date.

Geekyfanboy

Here's another questions that got me excited.

Mike Moyle writes in more with a statement than with a question. "Two words: Action figures." Any possibilities of a Hiro action figure one day?

Yes. We are actively pursuing it (we hear of meetings at NBC every week), but have yet to lock down specifics. We'll let you know as soon as we do.

Geekyfanboy

Tonight is the beginning (part1) of what they are calling the three-part finale.  I can't wait to see it but then again once it's over will have to wait all summer for it's return, it was bad enough waiting seven weeks with there last break.

Locutus

But at least we have Doctor Who, SG1, and a host of other shows to keep our Sci-fi edge, so we can dive back into Heroes as soon as it debuts next season!
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Locutus

I'm pretty excited, though, because I like when things "end". I'm enjoying the fact that there is a definitive ending to this story line (as far as I've heard, anyway).
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

Geekyfanboy

I enjoyed tonight's episode.. it was more of a setup episode for the next and last episode.

So Linderman, The Company, Mr. Nakamora and Mrs Petrelli are all in it together.. can't wait to find out more.

Glad to see Claire reunited with her father HRG.

We knew Ted was going to met up with Peter.. glad it finally happened.

I wonder what's up with Linderman and his obsession with  DL, Niki and Micah. 

I wonder if Hiro will go through with it? He could have killed Sylar but chickened out. I think Ando will be the one that kills Sylar but dies while doing it.

I also think Peter will blow up.. but at the last minute Nathan will grab him and fly into the sky where he can't harm anyone.. but this will kill Nathan..  just my guess.

Oh and Micah is defiantly in New York to rig the voting machines so Nathan wins.

And I'm glad we got to see Molly Walker again... can't wait for her to use her power.

Anyways can't wait till next Monday for the second to last episode.

What's everyones theories on what will happen at the end???

CelticFilmMaker

Well, pretty sure Molly is the "tracking device" HRG, Parkman and Ted are going to attempt to destroy.  We've seen all the clues to that one.  I think that maybe one of two things for this:
1) She's the weapon the good guys will use to help defeat Sylar by having her find him (she'll get her power back)
2) The "cure" Suresh gave her isn't really something that will completely take away the mutation she has going on.  It may be something that will lie dormant and when Sylar absorbs her power, it'll switch off his abilities giving Hiro the opportunity to do the Ginsu knife of death trick.

Of course, as I've heard before, Sylar may escape death altogether this season.  Next season could be all about Hiro tracking Sylar and trying to stop him...Al

Geekyfanboy

Oh for sure Molly is what "tracking device" HRG was talking about.. he kept calling the the Walker system and her name is Molly Walker. There is no doubt that they are going after her. I'm still not sure how she will be able to stop Sylar other then to tell them where he is but as we have seen.  At this time Sylar is not that one that will explode.. but I guess will find out all the answers in the next few weeks.

Locutus

I think that everyone will give each other a big hug at the end, and then they will have a picnic and sing a song.

But I've been wrong before....

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Locutus on May 09, 2007, 09:42:10 AM
I think that everyone will give each other a big hug at the end, and then they will have a picnic and sing a song.

LOL... that would be a surprise ending!!!!  :lol2

Locutus

hehe. :)

Actually, I really think NY is gonna blow up. just like they saw. Sylar will get away, and next season they will form a "Justice League" of sorts, while Sylar gets some bad guys together, and we have a real "Challenge of the Superfriends" type of blowout to end next season. And I think that the end of this season will precipitate that.

Darkmolerman

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on May 09, 2007, 09:44:12 AM
Quote from: Locutus on May 09, 2007, 09:42:10 AM

LOL... that would be a surprise ending!!!!  :lol2

lol yeah but Syler did get massivly creeped out if he was going to blow up. Who knows he maybe he will make ammends.
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Well the power that be are calling Season Two: Generations and saying it will be more of an international/global season.

Locutus

Really? Sweet! Maybe I'll be right for once!

Hey, I'm just glad a genre show I really enjoy, other than Lost, has stayed on the air for more than 10 episodes!

Yay, Heroes!