• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Zoom, zoom

Started by Rico, April 24, 2010, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldor

The coupe is nice but sometimes those heavy doors can wear.   That's what happened with the celica.

I vote for the sedan.

Bryancd

Get the Civic SI. :)

Rico

The doors are very light on the Genesis, it's not like older two-doors.  But just like the Camaro, it wouldn't be good in the snow.  I did like the Sonata quite a bit.  Nice ride.  They have a few more coming in next week with a few more bells and whistles.  And I do like my bells and whistles.  :)

P.S.  I need to try a Civic sometime too.  Couple more pics of the Sonata....

Bryancd

I'm a coupe man myself, that's what I would go for. You don't need a sedan, no kids to lug around, usually just you and the sweet sound of an a inline 16V 4-banger. :)

Rico

Bryancd

This was my ride back in 2001 when I was still living in Fairfield, CT. The 2001 Audit TT, 215hp, inline 1.8 liter turbo, quattro all wheel drive. I used to tack it out on the track at Lime Rock Park. :)

Rico

That's awesome Bryan.  Great looking car.

Oh, here's a nice write up on the Genesis coupe:

http://www.tflcar.com/2009/09/review-2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-20t-track-the-budget-turbo-racer.html

Bryancd

And then when I got divorced I realized the "stuff" didn't matter and I sold the TT and bought this. A POS 1990 Jeep Wrangler off my Uncle for $3K. And I was happy. I felt free. :)

Bryancd

..and then when I moved to Arizona 7 years ago, I bought this one and still drive it to this day. A 1999 Wrangler Sport with a 4" lift. Lot's of great off roading memories in this bad boy, although every now and then, now that we could easily afford it, a used 1987 Porsche 911 still pulls at my sports car heart strings. :) Maybe a Boxster.

Bryancd

Wow, excuse me while I take this wake down memory lane, but here's my old house. A Dutch Colonial built in 1939. I loved that house. the first one I bought. :)

Rico

Nice Bryan.  Well, frak!  Even Jack Bauer drives a Genesis coupe!  Dang it - now I really want one!

24.S08E15 Hyundai 3/4

24.S08E15 Hyundai 4/4

sheldor

Rico

Quote from: sheldor on May 15, 2010, 08:54:25 PM
Quote from: Rico on May 15, 2010, 04:50:32 PM
And if I get the Genesis coupe I can do this....

http://www.treksinscifi.com/video/Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe_3.8_Track_Fun_in_the_Snow.flv

Did you forget Lynn is on the forum now?

Nope.  I even told her to check this thread out.  :)

Rico

Rico

Nice comments about the Sonata....

Completely redesigned for 2011, the new Hyundai Sonata is one of the most unusual-looking midsize sedans we've seen in years. But that's not the only reason it stands out. The Sonata is now one of the cheapest cars in its class and continues to carry one of the longest powertrain warranties. It also comes with impressive standard features like XM satellite radio and Bluetooth. Reviewers like it so much that at press time, the Sonata was ranked at the top of its class.

Hyundai offers the Sonata with only a four-cylinder engine, though almost every other car in its class is available with a V6. Still, since the Sonata is a light car, it offers plenty of power. Even better is its impressive fuel economy. The 2011 Sonata is the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car in its class.

source:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1438/best-new-cars-for-2011/

P.S.  The more I read about this car the more I like it.