• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 16, 2011, 07:59:38 PM
I call BS on that. They may have tested it but no way it would have bern changed. It is well known GL loves Frank's work in ESB.

It was over on digital bits. Claims "sources in a position to know..."

Who knows? Lol

X

I wouldn't be shocked if they did mock-ups for it because ... let's face it ... the puppet won't look that good when it gets the 3D treatment.

KingIsaacLinksr

Just to add a few thoughts to this mess. ;) I am not a GL hater either.  I actually like the prequels, but I do like making fun of them =P.  Though for some reason I can still watch them even after many flaws have been pointed out about them.  Simply because they still entertain me.  I think it also helps that I've been watching the Clone Wars.  That series has just deepened the movies by bounds beyond what we've been shown.  I for one am glad it is on and hope it sticks around for another 3 years! 

I am also not opposing buying GL products.  I buy the Clone Wars season passes on iTunes (and renewed for this year).  Simply because the entertainment value I've gotten out of the series has been that excellent! I can rematch the episodes several times and just get so much out of it.  Heck, just rewatched several of them on my iPad for my vacation (thanks to iCloud). 

I'm just severly disappointed by the lack luster job these Blu-rays have been given.  I don't think it is asking too much that GL do a better job.  The Krayt dragon and Nooooos stand out because the audio sounds so bad.  The flaws that have been pointed out at length in this thread should not exist for such a well-known company as Lucasfilm.  I mean, if we can find the flaws, why can't Gorge? 

Anyway.  Just my long 2 cents :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 17, 2011, 12:07:52 AM

I'm just severly disappointed by the lack luster job these Blu-rays have been given.  I don't think it is asking too much that GL do a better job.  The Krayt dragon and Nooooos stand out because the audio sounds so bad.  The flaws that have been pointed out at length in this thread should not exist for such a well-known company as Lucasfilm.  I mean, if we can find the flaws, why can't Gorge? 

Anyway.  Just my long 2 cents :)

King

Now Tim, I'll have you know hours upon hours of research was put in to find the correct sound for the dragon call. Then George took a break and watched some James Bond...

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_-vNYtdUOs[/embed]

Rico

Decided to have a little fun with all this today and made the cartoon below.  Enjoy!
(click to make it bigger)   :roflmao

Bryancd

Dangelus

Brilliant!!

Could we have a caption competition with that pic? Lol

Bryancd

Wait, I got one..

JJ- "So wait, what you are saying is when Vader is about to pick up the Emperor he says "Nooo!"? Yeah, right, and pull this finger and it plays Jingle Bells...."

Meds

Lol you guys!!! You know on other forums you couldn't have this kind of thread. It would be full of swear words and name calling yet once again TSF forums prove how we can all have different opinions and still want to see Bryan in 3D ;)

jedijeff

I watched A New Hope and part of Empire last night, and really noticed all the little Astromechs all throughout the movies. They really jumped out at me, not sure if it was the clarity of the Blu-Ray that showed up more, or that I collect the Hasbro 3 3/4 ones. But seems at times they are tripping over them, and I could find myself point them out and relating them to the ones I have in my collection.

Also that scene where Luke and Obi-Wan first meet up, and Obi-Wan is talking about his name and not hearing in a long time, not sure if they added a bit to the score, but felt almost magical to me how that scene came across, even though I have seen it countless times over the years.

Going through some of the extras after as well was cool. Not sure if that original concept Landspeeder has been show before, but found it really interesting compared to what it came to be.

Dangelus

Quote from: jedijeff on September 17, 2011, 07:51:03 AM
I watched A New Hope and part of Empire last night, and really noticed all the little Astromechs all throughout the movies. They really jumped out at me, not sure if it was the clarity of the Blu-Ray that showed up more, or that I collect the Hasbro 3 3/4 ones. But seems at times they are tripping over them, and I could find myself point them out and relating them to the ones I have in my collection.

Also that scene where Luke and Obi-Wan first meet up, and Obi-Wan is talking about his name and not hearing in a long time, not sure if they added a bit to the score, but felt almost magical to me how that scene came across, even though I have seen it countless times over the years.

Going through some of the extras after as well was cool. Not sure if that original concept Landspeeder has been show before, but found it really interesting compared to what it came to be.

I'm sure ANH had the whole soundtrack rebuilt so you are probably hearing more detail because of this. What sort of audio setup have you got Jeff?

turtlesrock

stonut

Rico that picture is brilliant, i cannot see many dedicated Star Wars sites displaying it though. I mean they'd be admitting Trek fans are more savvy lol.

jedijeff

Quote from: Dangelus on September 17, 2011, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: jedijeff on September 17, 2011, 07:51:03 AM

I'm sure ANH had the whole soundtrack rebuilt so you are probably hearing more detail because of this. What sort of audio setup have you got Jeff?

I have a Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 setup that I have had for a few years. I will admit, I was listening to it quite loud as the Sub woofer was shaking the floor :) . Even the scene where the Stormtrooper hits his head on the door in the Deathstar Control room, the thud came through pretty loud as well :)

M-5

With all this discussion about the Star Wars Blu-rays make me want to upgrade my television and get a blu-ray player.