• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ok, it looks like Target has an 8-pack lithograph set with the Blu-Ray box set.  (see below)
And Best Buy has the film cell thing. (see below)

Hmmm,....decisions,....decisions,.....

Rico

I heard today on "Star Wars Action News" that Best Buy should have special t-shirts available too.

Rico

Oh, and I think this below is the real reason not just behind the prequels, but also behind all these silly changes that were made.   :roflmao

George Lucas Strikes Back {HD Trailer}

WillEagle

Soooooo... I need to talk the wife into $80!! Wish me luck!

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on September 15, 2011, 02:24:07 PM
Oh, and I think this below is the real reason not just behind the prequels, but also behind all these silly changes that were made.   :roflmao

You know I posted this a while back? Of course I did lol. Still hilarious! :)

Ktrek

The Ft. Worth Symphony was running a special this weekend of half off tickets for any performance and any available seats in the house. We could go and sit ten seats back in the center floor for only $60.00 for the two of us to attend. My wife gave me a choice. Either the concert or the Star Wars blu-rays. Guess which I chose! :)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

Quote from: WillEagle on September 15, 2011, 06:00:09 PM

Try telling her you feel a great disturbance in the bank account.  If that doesn't work, play the cute Ewok card.. tell her that one of them blinks.  My wife just loves a furry little creature that blinks.    Then if that doesn't work.. simply go to Walmart, or where ever, and drop it in the cart nonchalantly.  When the checker rings it up.. exclaim... "I wonder how that got in there?  Must be divine intervention!"  and if none of that work, simply wave your hand and say" These are the Blu Rays I have been looking for"  that will work.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Quote from: WillEagle on September 15, 2011, 06:00:09 PM

No you need to talk your wife OUT of $80 and buy the Blu-Rays! ;)

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on September 15, 2011, 08:47:55 PM

Actually, I also posted this elsewhere awhile back too.  But it just seemed appropriate - again.  :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on September 16, 2011, 04:48:56 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on September 15, 2011, 08:47:55 PM

Actually, I also posted this elsewhere awhile back too.  But it just seemed appropriate - again.  :)

Oh yes! :)  It should be a Blu-Ray extra ;)

Dangelus

A review of the Blu-Ray set by Jamie Benning, the creator of the Star Wars "filmumentaries" Star Wars Begins, Building Empire and Returning To Jedi.

It is a fair and balanced review so be warned ;) There's no "5 out of 5 because it's Star Wars on Blu-Ray" attitude here so think twice before clicking!

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/09/jamie-benning-reviews-the-star-wars-blu-ray-set/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wiredgeekdad+%28Blog+-+GeekDad%29

Bryancd

LOL! Yeah, fair. A fair and balanced review likely should not begin with this:

"For better or worse, the day is finally here – George Lucas's magnum opus is out today on Blu-ray. I'm sure you've all heard by now that they're not the versions we all know and love, and they're not even the versions we've begrudgingly had to live with for the last 10 years."

So we have "begrudgingly" live with STAR WARS for the past 10 years? Not this cowboy, I love the Special Editions. I am so over the fanboy nonesense. Buy them or don't, I really don't care. I plan on enjoying them. This review clearly was predisposed to not like these, how you consider this fair and balanced really escapes me, Dan.

Dangelus

He wants the unaltered original trilogy released, that is clear and that it is where that comes from but the I think the review of the actual discs is pretty fair.

Fair and balanced as in he is critical where he feels it's deserved and praises it where he feels it is deserved.

Did you read it? ;)

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 16, 2011, 06:08:02 AM
LOL! Yeah, fair. A fair and balanced review likely should not begin with this:

"For better or worse, the day is finally here – George Lucas's magnum opus is out today on Blu-ray. I'm sure you've all heard by now that they're not the versions we all know and love, and they're not even the versions we've begrudgingly had to live with for the last 10 years."

So we have "begrudgingly" live with STAR WARS for the past 10 years? Not this cowboy, I love the Special Editions. I am so over the fanboy nonesense. Buy them or don't, I really don't care. I plan on enjoying them. This review clearly was predisposed to not like these, how you consider this fair and balanced really escapes me, Dan.

Actually I get the feeling he is saying it's worth getting even if its just for the extra material, a lot of which is excellent.

Bryancd

Yes, I read it and his bias is all over the place. He clearly states he doesn't even like the prequals, so he dislikes 50% of the franchise. Come on, Dan.  ::)