• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricdude

I'm must be an elitist purist snob. I only own StarWars on VHS, original trilogy only. Original and special editions, though.

Oh, and the Lego Star Wars complete game for the Wii.

I may get the blurays, just to reduce wear on the old tapes. Unless i can digitize them faster than that...

stonut

I got all the movies already on DVD this is £60 on amazon and £68 at HMV. But apart from better picture I am not going to gain anything so I'll leave it.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: stonut on September 12, 2011, 07:59:38 AM
I got all the movies already on DVD this is £60 on amazon and £68 at HMV. But apart from better picture I am not going to gain anything so I'll leave it.

Not going to gain anything??  how about the hours of extra behind the scenes footage or deleted scenes, unless you don't care about those things..

stonut

The box set I have has some deleted scenes and behind the scenes footage. As for the ones that are not on there they will turn up on you tube.  I dare say the price will drop in a few months as they tend to. Plus I have got Obi's weird wail to listen or Vader saying nnnnoooo.

Dangelus

The deleted scenes from the original trilogy looks like are pretty good quality mostly. There are some very interesting ones, especially for ROTJ.

Prequel fans may find themselves disappointed in the quality of the deleted scenes from those movies.

bevs_plaything

I got my set for £60.00 in Tesco today.  The woman at the checkout was shocked at the price, 'what's this?' she exclaimed as the price showed up on her till.  I am not going to get a chance to examin the set until Wednesday night...

ori-STUDFARM

It wasn't just Alderaan that fired first!!

Dangelus

Kirk and crew encounter the Star Wars Blu-Rays... ;)

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTF8I8cHTqQ&sns[/embed]

Ktrek

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 13, 2011, 07:38:20 AM
Amazon just dropped their price another $10 to $79.99

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1315924684&sr=1-1

Well Target's ad this week showed it selling at $79.99. So I don't know why you would pay that plus postage if you have a local Target store.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Dangelus

Hmmm that's comparable to our £60 price point. Usually we get ripped off when prices get converted.

ricdude

Re: Shipping and Target:

Amazon Prime = free shipping, and I don't have to leave the house!

Actually, we order a fair amount of specialty grocery items through amazon. Catching special deals and free shipping is just bonus for us. 

Dangelus

Here are some nice screenshots of the deleted scenes in the Blu-Ray set here

An interesting one is [spoiler]one of the prequel images of General Grevious clearly shows Darth Maul's face under the mask. Looks like he might of started out as being Maul after all!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[/spoiler]

Ktrek

Quote from: ricdude on September 13, 2011, 08:29:15 AM
Re: Shipping and Target:

Amazon Prime = free shipping, and I don't have to leave the house!

Actually, we order a fair amount of specialty grocery items through amazon. Catching special deals and free shipping is just bonus for us. 

Not to get technical but it's not actually "free" because you have paid $79 to have Amazon Prime. So basically you pre-pay your shipping costs for the year with one set fee. For that service to pay off you would have to make more than 20 purchases a year, which I do not, and so I can't justify the extra expense for what little other advantages it may have to offer. This last year I have only made six purchases from Amazon.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Anyone got a good breakdown of what stores have what extra little goodies?  I know Best Buy has film cells.  What does Target have??  Walmart???  Because I'm just buying mine at the store this time.