• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

I have it from a good source that one of the documentaries in the upcoming Blu-Ray set includes:

[spoiler]Footage of a CGI Yoda on Dagobah in scenes from ESB. Something to look forward to in the 3D release perhaps? ;)[/spoiler]

Meds

I never liked (nor will I ever) the change in ROTJ of the younger Anakin. Yes it's meant to show that this is the Anakin before he went bad but if that's the case it should be Tbe little boy because from AOTC he was a little shit. Also the older Anakin is the one who redeems himself. I hope they do something with the monster in the Pitt of Jabbas palace because even on the remastered versions it looks odd.

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 04, 2011, 04:29:37 PM
Well, perhaps the "No" we have seen isn't exactly spot on..

http://www.techguide.com.au/menu-news-by-categories/bddvd/600-lucasfilm-confirms-star-wars-blu-ray-audio-changes

The first few YouTube videos of the audio changes were fan made with the blu-ray audio and DVD video to represent the changes because they wanted to get them out ASAP and didn't want to wait to rip the disc and convert etc. I have seen the actual movies and they are pretty spot on.

The video changes that have been leaked you will notice were either static image grabs which is easily done or re-filmed off a tv with a camcorder, again to save time. Again they are spot on.

I believe there are actual BD grabs of these clips on YouTube now.

Rico

You know, one of my trivia questions for the live anniversary cast was going to be how many home video versions of "Star Wars" have been released?  But I had trouble finding an exact answer.  If anyone wants to try their "Google-fu" out and can answer this and list the versions, I'll find some sort of prize for you.  :)

P.S. Let's keep it to US releases only - from videotape, to laser disc, to DVD, to Blu-Ray.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 04, 2011, 11:14:29 PM
I never liked (nor will I ever) the change in ROTJ of the younger Anakin. Yes it's meant to show that this is the Anakin before he went bad but if that's the case it should be Tbe little boy because from AOTC he was a little shit. Also the older Anakin is the one who redeems himself. I hope they do something with the monster in the Pitt of Jabbas palace because even on the remastered versions it looks odd.

Yeah, I heard there might be some chnges to the Sarlac, maybe Dan could chime in on that. I never felt the beak was very intimidating.

KingIsaacLinksr

I laughed a lot, a guilty laugh mind you =P

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 05, 2011, 05:56:04 AM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 04, 2011, 11:14:29 PM

Yeah, I heard there might be some chnges to the Sarlac, maybe Dan could chime in on that. I never felt the beak was very intimidating.

I don't think they changed the Sarlac.

Somebody on the MF.com forum has compiled a list of the changes here:

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9065&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Be aware there is some strong language used in this thread as you can imagine!

Dangelus

I'm conscious that I'm starting to sound like a naysayers here ;) but I've been hearing reports that The Phantom Menace Blu-Ray transfer has had so much digital noise reduction applied to it that certain scenes have the characters looking very waxy...

billybob476

Just saw this over at Extralife and it made me laugh...

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on September 06, 2011, 08:55:42 AM
I'm conscious that I'm starting to sound like a naysayers here ;)

Starting to? I would say that ship has sailed, mate. ;)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on September 06, 2011, 12:28:12 PM

LOL.. took the words out of my mouth :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 06, 2011, 12:40:41 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 06, 2011, 12:28:12 PM

LOL.. took the words out of my mouth :)

Haha fair enough. I wouldn't get so annoyed if I didn't love Star Wars so much! :)