• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

Lol! And he looks so happy about it!

Rico

OH FRAK!  George has even rewritten the opening crawl!  Geez - he's gone too far this time!

Star Wars Text (Re-Edit)

Dangelus

To cheer everyone up, I found this. Now this is funny!

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRn4iSKcfY0[/embed]

QuadShot

:) Now THAT's an awesome change!!!!!!! Looks like R2 forgot to use sunblock. Funny, I've got a Disney Trading Pin with Disney characters replacing all the Star Wars characters, plus...I collect like, miniature firgures from Disneyland (3 in a package, you dont' know what you get until you open them, but there are several "series", and Star Wars is one), and have a bunch of the Disney characters as Star Wars roles. Cool stuff.

Bryancd

I'm going to have to go with this one FTW!  :cheering (harsh subtitled language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny7w_eLIT0&feature=player_embedded#

Dangelus

KingIsaacLinksr

I think that video sums up the rage over the internets ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Ok. I've skimmed through eps 4 and 5 and watched ROTJ.

That "no!" made my heart sink. Partly because it changes the scene so much and partly because it's not very well done at all. You can tell it wasn't recorded for that scene.

I'm not going to rehash my opinions on these changes again as there doesnt seem to be much interest in discussing them here but I thought I'd just put that comment in now I've seen it in the context of the movie.

Rico

That Hitler video is awesome.  I love the way they've used that scene from "Inglourious Basterds" over and over for things like this.

P.S. Dan - you have the Blu-Ray discs already??!?

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on September 03, 2011, 01:16:48 PM
That Hitler video is awesome.  I love the way they've used that scene from "Inglourious Basterds" over and over for things like this.

P.S. Dan - you have the Blu-Ray discs already??!?

Nope, I don't own a blu-ray player so I watched them via other means.

Bryancd

No, please discuss, Dan! I have been participating in threads over on SWAN and Rebelscum!

Meds

I could tell by your Facebook post that you were horrified by the "No" addition Dan.

Bryancd

Yes, let's discuss that as it is the 800lb Bantha in the room... :)

Dangelus

I can live with most of the new changes but the "no" is just plain bad.

The changes have just been done so badly, never mind whether you agree with their addition of them or not.

For example:

* The rocks added in front of R2 in ANH disappear a few shots later. If you're going to do it do it properly, it's insulting to the viewer.

* Making the door to Jabba's palace HUGE creates a continuity error later when we see it normal size from the inside. Why do it?

* The Dug walking down the steps in the palace is the same CGI model from AOTC, even wearing the same clothes. Lazy. Also the didn't even bother to him him a shadow.

* The Ewok eyes are ok. But they only did it in a few shots. Most of the time they have their original eyes. LAZY.

Lucasfilm put out a press release saying they were going to fix errors such as badly coloured lightsabers, various glitches and the problems with the audio mix. They fix a couple of lightsaber shots (not the whole scene, just a few shots) the same shots they previewed, nothing else.

I read something interesting, a theory that Lucas makes changes to extend his copyright on the movies because each release contains new unique properties. Interesting.

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on September 03, 2011, 03:26:04 PM
I can live with most of the new changes but the "no" is just plain bad.

The changes have just been done so badly, never mind whether you agree with their addition of them or not.

For example:

* The rocks added in front of R2 in ANH disappear a few shots later. If you're going to do it do it properly, it's insulting to the viewer.

* Making the door to Jabba's palace HUGE creates a continuity error later when we see it normal size from the inside. Why do it?

* The Dug walking down the steps in the palace is the same CGI model from AOTC, even wearing the same clothes. Lazy. Also the didn't even bother to him him a shadow.

* The Ewok eyes are ok. But they only did it in a few shots. Most of the time they have their original eyes. LAZY.

Lucasfilm put out a press release saying they were going to fix errors such as badly coloured lightsabers, various glitches and the problems with the audio mix. They fix a couple of lightsaber shots (not the whole scene, just a few shots) the same shots they previewed, nothing else.

I read something interesting, a theory that Lucas makes changes to extend his copyright on the movies because each release contains new unique properties. Interesting.

1. I agree but will have to see it in it's entirety to see how that plays out. In and of itself, having more hid makes sense but does get ruined if there are continuity errors as you mentioned.
2. True, it's an odd choice.
3. The Dug I have no issue with, having him there makes sense regardless of the character model used.
4. Well, that's a pretty close close up and in fairness to do every Ewok in that matter would have been a herculean task.
5. Will have to see what they actually did with the lightsaber colors.
6. I would have to review US copyright law, however I think he would have 50 years from the creation of ANH before that would become public domain, which is what I think he's most afraid of. That harkens back to the speech you posted previously.