• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Latest Star Wars Blu-Ray "improvements", Ewoks with CGI eyeballs and blinking in ROTJ....

**sigh**

pic.twitter.com/oNpyQE5

Meds

You ate joking???? Please tell me you ARE JOKING.

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 30, 2011, 08:24:03 AM
You ate joking???? Please tell me you ARE JOKING.

Apparently it's true. Somebody has got hold of the discs early, it's mentioned in post #4584 of this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20883624

Rico

Really George?  I mean, really??   :dstar

Bryancd

LOL! I think that's pretty funny, actually.

KingIsaacLinksr

*is trying to figure out the problem...*

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

I'll wait to see these "improvements" before I make my decision if it was a good or bad move.

Bryancd

Come on Kenny, you know George Bashing is so fanboy chic! :)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on August 30, 2011, 11:00:58 AM

Not for me.. I don't get why people bash the man who created what essentially made me a geek.

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 30, 2011, 11:02:21 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on August 30, 2011, 11:00:58 AM

Not for me.. I don't get why people bash the man who created what essentially made me a geek.

...and who in my mind is still to this day providing me with great STAR WARS entertainment and content with the Clone Wars.

billybob476

The only two "improvements" I don't care for are Han shooting first and the dance number in Jabba's palace in ROTJ, but frankly GL can do whatever he likes.

Dangelus

For the record I don't have a problem with changes being made to works of art like movies. I actually like the technical aspects and motivations. I may not always agree there is a need for it though.

I suspect that the issue with Wicket's eyes came up because in the HD transfer they must have become very noticeable as brown reflective lenses so the decision was made to go with CGI eyes. Now you can argue that we know it's a guy in a suit and seeing the lenses would make no difference to our enjoyment of the transfer and I agree. The counter argument is that Lucas doesn't want anything to distract us back to "reality" and take us out of the movie.

Both valid. :)

Jobydrone

For me Star Wars pretty much ended in 1983.  I was super extremely excited for the follow up movies but I don't think I'll ever get over my disappointment over the three prequels and how much I disliked them.  I never got into the extended universe, never really cared about the tweaks and improvements made to the original films, and nothing about the new characters introduced into the prequel films ever grabbed me or interested me at all.  As time goes by the prequels fare worse and worse in my opinion and I don't believe history will be any kinder to these films as they are continuously released and re-released over and over again.  I'm a huge fan of the original movies, and I'll never understand why true sequels that extended the stories of the characters I loved were never made.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Dangelus

Quote from: billybob476 on August 30, 2011, 11:08:15 AM
The only two "improvements" I don't care for are Han shooting first and the dance number in Jabba's palace in ROTJ, but frankly GL can do whatever he likes.

I didn't care for replacing Anakin at the end ROTJ either. I think that's probably the worst change.

I don't think it's a problem to criticise things that we are fans of. It doesn't diminish your fandom in any way and it's healthy IMHO.