Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2011, 02:05:55 PM
Damn this footage looks AMAZING!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/starwars-tm/

Yeah I am bummed I didn't do this while at SDCC.. the line was also so long. :(

Rico

You guys have seen "Star Wars" in HD on channels like Spike haven't you?  I think I've posted some screencaps in HD too.  It does look nice!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 02, 2011, 08:41:29 AM
You guys have seen "Star Wars" in HD on channels like Spike haven't you?  I think I've posted some screencaps in HD too.  It does look nice!

I've had all six films recorded on my DVR from Spike HD for almost 2 years!

Geekyfanboy

Yeah but that's not true HD :) .. I mean it's compressed for TV.

stonut

Well i was in HMV today and they have a massive point of sale for this.place your preorder and all that. They also have TNG boxset advance orders for £150.00 For the whole series.

Bryancd

Yep, we saw CG TPM Yoda at the STAR WARS in Concert show last year!

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 03, 2011, 11:39:25 AM

Actually Kenny, I think it's pretty darn close.  I'm talking an HD channel here.  Heavy compression typically is used for things like Netflix and other streaming services like Hulu, Amazon, etc.  Cable channels that broadcast in HD can be 720pm or 1080i or 1080p - and slightly compressed.  I'm not quite sure what Spike HD does, but it's pretty close to how the Blu-Ray's will look.

Bryancd

Yeah, on my HD Spike on my LCD HD screen it looked AMAZING.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on August 25, 2011, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 03, 2011, 11:39:25 AM

Actually Kenny, I think it's pretty darn close.  I'm talking an HD channel here.  Heavy compression typically is used for things like Netflix and other streaming services like Hulu, Amazon, etc.  Cable channels that broadcast in HD can be 720pm or 1080i or 1080p - and slightly compressed.  I'm not quite sure what Spike HD does, but it's pretty close to how the Blu-Ray's will look.

Nothing is being broadcasted in 1080p (yet) and cable companies compress their signals... just to varying degrees. Blu-ray is the only true HD 1080i/1080p

Rico

Didn't I say that?  Tech specs are one thing, what you can see with your eyes is another.

Meds

Cgi Yoda! Balls I say to that ;)

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 26, 2011, 01:25:08 AM

At least ge didn't go back and cgi him in the original trilogy. I was half expecting it!

billybob476

Yeah all TV is compressed to some degree. The least compressed channel we have up here is Discovery HD. No Spike HD for us (or me at least, just SD).

Personally, I never thought the ep 1 puppet Yoda was much of an issue. Now if the Blu Ray's provided a Jar Jar free cut, then we'd have something to talk about.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 26, 2011, 01:25:08 AM

Come on, now, TPM catchers mitt face Yoda puppet was a horror show. That needed to go. I have no idea what they were thinking making him look they way they did and why they didn't just use the original puppet or a close facsimile.