• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Hell on Wheels

Started by Bryancd, August 14, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Speaking of great TV on AMC, anyone else watching and totally digging Hell on Wheels?

Meds

Explain what this is sir....

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on August 14, 2013, 12:07:32 PM
Explain what this is sir....

The best damn western on TV since Firefly! :) Really amazing show, so well written and acted, two season on Netflix, worth a look.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/hell-on-wheels

Meds

Oh wow, Colm Meaney is in it. It looks great.

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on August 14, 2013, 01:50:11 PM
Oh wow, Colm Meaney is in it. It looks great.

It's FANTASTIC.

Meds

Jobydrone

I've been obviously seeing commercials and many ads for this show, I'll have to check it out.  I haven't truly loved a western since way back when Deadwood (and all it's fans) got unceremoniously DUMPED ON by HBO by early cancellation and totally leaving the whole story unresolved.  That still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth after all these years, as it is probably my favorite TV show of all time.  What's the time period of this show, Bryan, and is it as gritty and hard edged as Deadwood was?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Fran and I started watching it a few weeks ago, we're a few eps in and are enjoying it quite a bit. Colm Meany is fantastic!

Jobydrone

I watched the first episode last night and wasn't exactly enthralled.  How long does it take to catch on?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone on August 28, 2013, 10:58:59 AM
I watched the first episode last night and wasn't exactly enthralled.  How long does it take to catch on?

It's not a long season, give the entire First Season a chance. It get's much better.

WillEagle

Loved season 1. Need to start season 2 very soon! I only started watching it because Colm Meaney was in it but I really enjoy the actor playing the main character also. Sorry I don't recall the names. So I got hooked. Gets better as season one continued I thought. Just a great concept that I don't remember any shows being based on before that I watched.

Jobydrone

I got so used to Deadwood, it was such a high quality show with tremendous writing and dialogue, it set a really high bar for ongoing western series to me.  I am going to keep watching when I get the chance though, I need a good western in my life right now.

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone on August 30, 2013, 08:34:50 AM
I got so used to Deadwood, it was such a high quality show with tremendous writing and dialogue, it set a really high bar for ongoing western series to me.  I am going to keep watching when I get the chance though, I need a good western in my life right now.

I feel confidant this show will deliver on that for you, Joby. It's one of those shows where everyone is a little tainted, no one is a hero, everyone does some bad stuff.

WillEagle

Just watched episode 1 of season 2 this morning. Very interested to see where this season goes.