• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Clone Wars: Season 3

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 10, 2010, 09:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Outstanding start to the season.

moyer777

agreed. Visually exciting and plotwise- EXCELLENT!  I love having more Star Wars.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Check this out, from STARWARS.com. The two bounty hunters training the droids were characters taken from the cantina scene in ANH. I recognized them and here's a great shot from the movie showing them both!

"The script initially described Bric as human, but his design instead was inspired by the "Brainee" alien spotted in the Mos Eisley Cantina in Episode IV. Likewise, El-Les is based on the "T-Head" alien from that scene. The Expanded Universe describes these species as Sineteen (an anagram of "Einstein") and Arcona."

Rico

Pretty cool.  I recognized the T-Head alien but Bric didn't really register when I watched the episode.  Was the brainee alien in the original release or was he added in for the Special Edition?

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 18, 2010, 04:48:41 PM
Pretty cool.  I recognized the T-Head alien but Bric didn't really register when I watched the episode.  Was the brainee alien in the original release or was he added in for the Special Edition?

I think original, if they added him later I think they would have made him a bit more dynamic looking, especially those eyes. It looks like a Rick Baker mask.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on September 18, 2010, 05:11:34 PM
Quote from: Rico on September 18, 2010, 04:48:41 PM
Pretty cool.  I recognized the T-Head alien but Bric didn't really register when I watched the episode.  Was the brainee alien in the original release or was he added in for the Special Edition?

I think original, if they added him later I think they would have made him a bit more dynamic looking, especially those eyes. It looks like a Rick Baker mask.

Yep - you are right.  Some good info here to check out:  http://www.starwars.com/movies/episode-iv/20081027.html?page=2

Bryancd

I love it. I so looked at that a few months ago! Nice find!

KingIsaacLinksr

Awesome start to the Clone Wars Season 3.  They really pulled me in this time with just the beginning.  :)  Looking forward to it.  

It's amusing (and annoying), but the Clone Wars S3 already has Censored footage.  Good grief, of all the things to censor, this has to be the least worst thing.  I hate main-stream media...while we are at it, can we censor all the other terrible cartoon shows that are on this channel?  They certainly aren't worth watching.  ;)

TCW Censored Footage: Asajj's Deadly Kiss

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Wow! That was pretty intense!

Geekyfanboy

Nice.. I thought it looked like a rather odd cut.. hopefully it will be put back into the episode when the DVD comes out.

Rico

Holy cow that was cool!  Yeah, I noticed it looked like something was cut too.  Was it broadcast in other countries with the footage left in?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on September 19, 2010, 10:25:05 AM
Holy cow that was cool!  Yeah, I noticed it looked like something was cut too.  Was it broadcast in other countries with the footage left in?

I hope so because that would more then likely mean we would get it on the DVD.

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 19, 2010, 10:26:30 AM
Quote from: Rico on September 19, 2010, 10:25:05 AM

I hope so because that would more then likely mean we would get it on the DVD.

According to TheForce.net it will be on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.  Not sure if it will just be an extra or put back into the episode.

Geekyfanboy

Just went to the youtube page for that missing clip and read

TheForcenet 15 hours ago

For those wondering, we're told that this WILL be on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

ori-STUDFARM

Just watched the 2 parter. Great stuff...and that cut clip that Kingisaaclinksr posted above was awesome!!

Only one criticism (and a small on e at that). I wish it had been made more clear that episode 1 was a jump back in time. In episode 2, I was thinking

[spoiler]...but they've only just qualified!![/spoiler]

before realising what had happened. Pity the first parter couldn't have been from series 1

Did some of the Clone Trooper helmets look more Stormtrooper than before? I thought they did, but wasn't sure. Perhaps we've already seen these.