• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Sliders

Started by Feathers, November 29, 2008, 02:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Surprisingly (to me), I can't find an existing thread on this series.

We've recently been re-watching this since I think we tailed off after season 1 when it was on 'live'.

Just hit the start of season II tonight and I have to say it's starting to go downhill a little bit already. I gather it got really ropey by the end of its run, but what's the general opinion on how soon it really began to collapse?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

X

I'm rewatching the last three seasons on netflix stream and I still enjoy it.

Rico

This is a favorite of mine.  It has it's up and downs but I really enjoyed it all.  The last season was fairly weak but still had a few highlights I thought.  Worth watching it all - I think.

Feathers

OK, encouraging, thanks!

We're aiming to watch it all anyway as we quite enjoyed season 1 (and bits of 2)) when we saw it originally, but if it has some ups all the way through, that will make it easier :)

Maybe it's just the first couple of season 2 that I don't get on with. I seem to remember something about 'evil sliders' at some point in the future and I remember that as quite good.

(Don't have netflix over here, but we do have something called LoveFilm - a DVD postal service - so are running through the series from them)

alanp

Oh yeah, one of the all time best scifi shows.  Yep it did create a different product when they tinkered with the recipe but was still better than mediocre scifi.  Wish they would have had a big 2 hour finale that tied up all the lose ends.

Bryancd

Never caught on with me. I have mentioned it before on other threads, but for me the '90's were a blur of personal excess...  :blink

Geekyfanboy

I loved Sliders.. The first three seasons were AWESOME then Fox cancelled it and sci fi picked it up and did two more seasons. Those seasons (in my opinion) were just okay. Budgets were cut, they got rid of half the original cast and by the last season replaced the entire cast. Still even the last two seasons were above par when it comes to a sci fi tv series.. talking about it makes me want to watch it again.. I have the first three seasons on DVD..

moyer777

Yeah, my whole family enjoyed the series.  I agree that toward the end it was a bit hokey, but we enjoyed the bulk of it.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Scott

I lost interest with the Cromags.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Feathers

Quote from: Scott on December 01, 2008, 12:31:58 AM

That was them...I think!

We stopped watching for some reason just after they were introduced so I'm still interested to see how that story plays out.

Dangelus

Quote from: Feathers on December 01, 2008, 02:18:43 AM
Quote from: Scott on December 01, 2008, 12:31:58 AM

That was them...I think!

We stopped watching for some reason just after they were introduced so I'm still interested to see how that story plays out.

I stopped around there too. I loved the first few seasons. Got to try and re-watch this show.

alanp

I just watched the last episode.   

I think this one is hurting for a made for tv movie for the Scifi Channel putting the bookend to this one.  Bring back all of the cast.  And have them defeat the cromags on earth prime.

Vartok

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere but Sliders (1995) is now on Hulu.   Looks like seasons 1 thru 3 at this time.  Can it have been 15 years already since it first aired?

Cleavant Derricks, Rembrandt 'Crying Man' Brown
Jerry O'Connell   Quinn Mallory
Kari Wuhrer, Capt. Maggie Beckett
Sabrina Lloyd, Wade Welles
John Rhys-Davies, Prof. Maximilian Arturo

V

beer

I also really enjoyed Sliders - esp up until Arturo left... the first 2 seasons or so. After that was more interested in the scenarios then the people. Somebody somewhere was suggesting this show would be a good one to be "rebooted"

Rico

Welcome Mr. Beer!  Yeah - I loved "Sliders."  It started to "slide" in quality in the last seasons, but I loved the whole concept and cast.