• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

The Prisoner. Is it Important

Started by Meds, February 21, 2008, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Meds

Meds

Rico

Skimmed a brief review of this new version in USA Today.  They didn't seem to care for it - especially compared to the original.  But, I'll still be watching.

Bromptonboy

Unless they can CGI-in Leo McKern.....I ain't watchin!   :)
Pete

Feathers

Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 13, 2009, 04:18:59 AM
Unless they can CGI-in Leo McKern.....I ain't watchin!   :)

Not gonna happen!

I'll probably watch it anyway though.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jedijeff

I have it all setup on my PVR for recording. The Prisoner on top of what other shows I am recording, and my basement is going to take awhile to get finished  :D

Meds

Well its not going to be like the original, it cant society os different. i cant wait to see it. :)

Bromptonboy

Yes, that is true - but I do so love it when Rumpole argues with Edward Long Shanks...
Pete

Meds

oh lets face it, once upon a time is awesome. Did you everget to listeb to the Treks in sci fi Prisoner special podcast?

Bromptonboy

Yes I did listen the cast, and I quite enjoyed it.  I'll certainly give the new show a watch.
Pete

jedijeff

Watched the First part of this tonight. Interesting so far. Does seem to be plenty of mysteries in the Village.

[spoiler]In the second episode, I was a bit confused near the end. They showed 6 and his "Brother" and another lady finding the ocean. But then they had some other flashes of 6 being tied to a post well 2 was emptying a canteen of water in front of him. Also showed 6 looking for the ocean again with the Doctor, but not finding. Then 6 in straight jacket in the clinic. Am I to understand, everything that we saw with his Brother and the Ocean never really happened?

Also, thought it was cool to see that Big White Ball make a few appearances so far. [/spoiler]

Feathers

It's taken me this long but I'm just starting to look at this, this week.

To a degree, it's just as inpenetrable as the original and so, two episodes in, I really have no idea what's going on half of the time.

It throws me too since I'm pretty well into Person of Interest at the moment so sharing a lead actor between two things I'm watching at the same time really messes with the mind. Thinking about it, these could both be the same character at different stages of life. :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.