• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Hello I am new to forum

Started by Seven7, March 16, 2008, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven7

Hello, I am new to forum,  I am also new to to forums as this is my first one, so please excuse any boo boos.  I am a "First Generation" Star Trek as I grew up watching the original show. I can remember my two brothers and I huddled around a beat up old black and white TV,
with the cursory antennae and foil, absorbing each and every episode.
I found Rico's podcast a year or two ago, and have been listening off and on ever since.  I really enjoy Rico's podcast, including the mini podcast of Vartok, Ready Room, the Father and Son review.  Rico your podcast makes working out at the gym sooo much less painful.  I almost enjoy torturing myself when listening to Treks at the gym.
Seven7

Rico

Glad you decided to join us on the forums Seven7.  Ahh, the days of B&W TV with bad reception.  Fond memories!  I think you will enjoy the folks here.

KingIsaacLinksr

Welcome aboard Seven7! 

(btw, I like Samus too)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Ktrek

Welcome to the board Seven7! I'm also a first generation Trekker. My brother and I were there the day Star Trek premiered and I have been a fan since.
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

iceman

Fanboy

"I aim to misbehave."

Meds

Geekyfanboy

moyer777

7 you'll be in heaven..

around here.

Good to have you aboard!

:troopersmile

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

davekill

Welcome aboard :)

As kids, my brothers and I watched on the B/W Zenith console.

Didn't see TOS in color until it was syndicated, it was like seeing it for the first time

Seven7

Thanks everyone for the  welcome, I makes me feel
all warm and fuzzy inside!  Full of Geeky Goodness!
Alas, Fanboy I am a "dudette".  Remember, Samus is a woman! :orc
Seven7

wraith1701

Welcome aboard, Seven7!  If you are a fan of Samus, check this video out; you might get a kick out of it-  http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=4316.0

Poodyglitz

Welcome.

I'm also a TOS baby boomer. I remember watching "Star Trek" in front of a black & white TV with my brother on Friday nights, the same night as "The Prisoner". Two of my all-time favorite shows on the same night. Other sci-fi (and sci-fi spy) shows of the era we watched were The Champions, The Avengers, Thunderbirds (as well as most of the Gerry Anderson shows), UFO and The Starlost.

On the japanimation front, who could forget Astro Boy, Prince Planet, Marine Boy, Gigantor and Kimba the White Lion? This was also the era of the Hanna-Barbera sci-fi cartoons like Space Ghost, Frankenstein Jr. and The Impossibles and Jonny Quest. Remember watching Jonny Quest in prime time at night?

billybob476

I'm a little late to the party but welcome!

timothypeterson

"No matter where you go, there you are..."