• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Trekkygeek

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 17, 2009, 08:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmonaut

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Tim! :)

ElfManDan

:happybday Happy Birthday Tim!  :happybday
May your special day be good to you.

X

As my daughter would say ... You did a good job living another year.

Trekkygeek

Hi guys
Thank you all so very much for my lovely birthday wishes. Yeah, another year older. 37 now and the years just seem to fly by quicker and quicker.

Unfortunately I had to work but I didn't push it too much, I was determined to just take it easy and chill out. I spent part of the afternoon looking in DVD stores and trying to find the comic prequel to Star Trek and the novel also, but The book wasn't in stock and the comic isn't even over here yet apparently.

I got a little bit of money for my birthday and bought four DVD's. Hot Fuzz, In Bruges, Horton Hears A Who (for the kids) and Planet Terror. I also bought a watch for work and placed an order for an R4 card for my Nintendo DS.

I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home. Sarah and the Kids had put posters in the windows announcing my birthday and thier love for me which was probably the nicest gift of them all. Then Sarah brought a sponge cake in and they all sang "Happy Birthday". Good times.

As I write this now, I'm all cleaned up with a nice pint of "Hobgoblin" real ale watching "In Bruges", the kids have enjoyed "Horton" and are quiet for the moment.

Again I want to thank you guys. It was such a nice thread to read and now I know how others feel when we do these Birthday threads.
I'm a lucky guy to have come by these forums all those years ago and have made some really good buddies that even though I have never met, I love them all.

Kenny, Rick, Rico, Bryan, Meds and the lovely Texan Gal Jen. You guys are the best and we have had some good old discussions in the past and long may it continue. Big Love to Kenny in particular. Man, you are by biggest buddy here and If I could have been at your wedding that would have been the icing on the cake, we don't chat as much as we used to but you're often in my thoughts.

So thats enough creeping from me. Thanks for rounding up my birthday nicely and I look forward to bantering with you some more.
:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"