• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Fringe- Spoiler alert.

Started by moyer777, June 02, 2008, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Quote from: X on January 19, 2013, 04:16:53 PM
Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
I don't agree....

[spoiler]The Observers were just observing - at least at first.  The Invasion and take over plan happened later and that's what Walter and the boy altered.  It's easy to conclude that Walter would know September and the original 12 would still need to go back to make things go the way he knew they did - especially when they help him save Peter in the ice.  Also, I got the impression nothing that happened erased any memories of Walter up to the point in time of the Invasion when time was changed.  Peter & Olivia and everyone else would still recall everything Walter did up to that point.  Walter was not eliminated from existence and time like Peter had been.  Of course time travel always makes anything confusing but again, that's my take on things.[/spoiler]

Rico, you're missing one very important thing.

[spoiler]In the current timeline, the observers didn't save Peter. He was deleted from the timeline and it was only after he returned that Olivia had memories of the previous timeline. This also applies to Walter. He didn't remember his time with raising Peter until Michael gave him memories of that timeline. It appears that when the Observers removed Peter from the timeline, they also altered their presence in time.

That being said, I don't know if it's written anywhere, but I don't believe that the observers are from Walter's timeline. I think that they are from Walternate's universe. This would explain how they can go back and change time  without having to deal with the paradox. I also think that this is where Walter and Michael went in the future. Fauxlivia's tech and timeline seems to have more of a connection with the observers and I might have to go back to see what color they use when jumping to the future.

So, by altering the other timeline, it would explain how all things are possible and why Walter would vanish from the timestream.

Now the latter part is my guess, but the first part was pretty clearly spelled out, even though I forgot it last night that Peter is an anomaly and was never in the past of the remade universe.[/spoiler]
yes!!! [spoiler]THIS explains the part of the finale that bugged me the most...why Peter still exists in our timeline if the Walter and Michael successfully prevented the creation of evil Observers...I totally forgot that in the timeline we finish the show in, Peter died as a child and magically reappeared (was THAT ever explained?) later.  Can't believe I forgot about that too. I'm going to rewatch the whole series, looking forward to marathoning it and picking up on stuff I missed first time through.  Thanks for the reminder Chris![/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

4 seasons of Fringe is streaming on Netflix now.

Feathers

I really need to watch this show. I keep waiting for someone to re-run season 1 so I can start from the start but there's no sign of that happening yet. I guess once it's complete someone will re-run it.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.