• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Galatica News

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 18, 2007, 05:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

The fourth season won't kick off until 2008, but the cast and crew behind "Battlestar Galactica" will head back to Vancouver, B.C., beginning May 14 to start filming the fourth season, starting with the telemovie slated for this fall focusing on the Battlestar Pegasus.

Aaron Douglas, the show's Chief Tyrol, was in Brisbane, Australia, this past weekend for the Supernova Pop-Culture Convention and talked to the Brisbane Times about playing the man that keeps the Galactica's fleet together.

"'Battlestar's' popularity really starts with its great writing," Douglas told the newspaper. "It's real human drama, with real human emotion, and the writers don't pull any punches. They really tell it like it is, hold a mirror up to the world and start discussions. It's just top to bottom an outstanding show to work. Compared to the other shit that's on TV, you don't have to go far to whip them."

Producing 22 episodes means a lot of long days for the cast and crew, as they plan to shoot straight through until next March, Douglas said. But he' s excited about the evolution of his character from what was supposed to be a handful of strong lines in the miniseries to being one of the major characters today.

"I have no idea where it's going in Season 4, but I'm thrilled with what they've done with the chief," Douglas said. "He was a pretty small character in the miniseries and he wasn't supposed to amount to much -- he's just grown and they've given me more to do. I identify with him in a lot of ways."

JoSpiv

What about the movie?

or Caprica?

And I don't know if I can make it to Jan 2008.  :(
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: JoSpiv on April 19, 2007, 01:10:58 AM
What about the movie?or Caprica?And I don't know if I can make it to Jan 2008.  :(
Caprica is on the shelf for the moment.. as for the movie it states in the article that "beginning May 14 to start filming the fourth season, starting with the telemovie slated for this fall focusing on the Battestar Pegasus.