• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Galactica Epiphany - theories

Started by Rico, April 13, 2007, 12:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

As I was listening to Ron Moore's season finale podcast I started to pick up on some clues I think.  This is in relation to Galactica and Earth.  Here's my theory:  the colonies were created when some point in the future man leaves Earth and ventures out.  Cylons were created along the way to help to certain tasks and eventually become sentient as we see with the human looking Cylons.  This theory also explains why the people from the colonies have so many things familar to us (certain music, the same diseases, words, etc.).  This would all mean when/if Galactica reaches Earth it will most likely be an empty planet ready to be colonized again and kind of start the cycle over.  I haven't quite figured out how Starbuck fits into all this, but I'm working on it.

So, what does everyone think about my theory?   :cylon

JoSpiv

Wow.

That's definetly an original Theory.   I do like it.  But what about thier ancient texts telling them that they all came from Kobol, and the 13th tribe left long ago for Earth?

Maybe everyone came from Earth and settled on Kobol, but one tribe went back to Earth. 

The main thing I like about your theory is it makes the "Galatica 1980" debacle impossible to occur again. 

Part of me thinks that the Cylons found Earth already, and are almost sheparding the humans there.   Think about it, they've been following them for a long time, but never attacking them.  And in the finale they are just sitting there, not attacking them.  That's very non-cylon like.  Something has changed for them.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Rico

Lots of ways this could turn out.  What if the 13th tribe never made it to Earth?  I do like your idea that the Cylons might of already been to Earth.  It would explain some things.  Maybe just certain Cylons have been to Earth.  The final five??  Lot's of room for speculation and many months to think on it.

Movie Sean

I think the cylon's killed everyone off, got bored, and started up the Humans for something to do. 

In all reality I think whatever does happen is going to be awesome.

As long as they don't pull an Architect from the Second Matrix movie and confuse us to death.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Poodyglitz

They get to Earth but find it's inhabited. One of them appears to Joseph Smith and tell him they're going back to Kobol. Smith is so freaked out he remembers the name as "Kolob". He starts the Mormon religion and someone writes the song, "Let Us High To Kolob".

Kirk-Fu

I have a feeling that whatever Moore has in store for us, it will boggle our minds. He is anything but predictable.

I do think Rico may be on to something though. We have heard Cylons say before......something to the effect of

"This has all happened before, it will all happen again"

I think lines like that are not throw-away lines. Moore and the writers put them in for a reason.

As far as colonizing Earth again, the Cylons have a representative number of ethnicities, as do the colonials, so it would definately look like the Earth we know.

My only problem with all that has gone on, is it seems humans have had space travel for a very long time....you would think record keeping would be better than some old scrolls and texts.

And why hasnt some sort of Colonial version of NASA already set out to find Earth? A rag tag fleet, beat down from battle, running low on everything, and running from a hostile enemy, have apparently landed on Earths doorstep.
There must be some sort of reasoning that we arent privy to, that explains why the Colonials dont seem to have the adventurers spirit that current Earthers have. Lets face it, the day a Zefram Cochrane type figures out how to make an FTL drive, humans will be 'jumping' all over the place. Its what we do. As Tommy Pickles would say, "Lets go 'splorin"

Kirk-Fu

Poodyglitz, that would mean Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is a Cylon  :-)

Im down with that

JoSpiv

Maybe the Cylons arrive on Earth and settle on a small island in the south pacific many years ago.  Only to have an Oceanic Airlines plane crash there in the 2004.

:biggrin
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Rico

I really think it's all one big cycle.  Earth -> the Colonies -> back to Earth again.  It would explain a lot.  I also think it would be one slick ending too.  Kind of like the end of the classic British show "The Prisoner."

Kirk-Fu

That was a great show, very 60s, but great. An like 'The Prisoner', it actually had a real final episode.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Kirk-Fu on April 14, 2007, 11:29:03 PM
Poodyglitz, that would mean Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is a Cylon  :-)

That's what I'm talkin' about! :-)

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Rico on April 15, 2007, 05:31:24 AM
I really think it's all one big cycle.  Earth -> the Colonies -> back to Earth again.  It would explain a lot.  I also think it would be one slick ending too.  Kind of like the end of the classic British show "The Prisoner."

That's my second favorite show after "Star Trek". After that, it's "Fawlty Towers" (Farty Towels, Flowery Tarts, etc.).

Rico, I tend to agree with that as a possibility. It's probably a cycle. Perhaps that's how the Cylons got their name as a race. Or not. (Oh, I'm so Post Modern!)

Movie Sean

I figured it out, the Cylons are really Smurfs!!

Cycle thing in all seriousness must be what is going on.  After all, its the only way to explain all of the prophecy type stuff.  Either that or they are going to bring God's in as main characters.

Maybe number 6 really is Athena, and the rest of the Cylon's are the old Gods (Lords of Kobol).

Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Poodyglitz

It would also seem that the real telltale proof of the cyclic aspect of human/cylon history is the fact that the humans wear suits and ties and dresses, just like we do!

JoSpiv

Quote from: Poodyglitz on April 15, 2007, 01:30:40 PM
That's my second favorite show after "Star Trek". After that, it's "Fawlty Towers" (Farty Towels, Flowery Tarts, etc.).

Rico, I tend to agree with that as a possibility. It's probably a cycle. Perhaps that's how the Cylons got their name as a race. Or not. (Oh, I'm so Post Modern!)

I love Fawlty Towers!!   Ever see Black Adder?