• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Heroes - Spoilers, Speculations, Rumors

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 14, 2007, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well they keep saying the death will surprise you.. and I agree that Claire's mom will die but I don't think it's the "big" death everyone is talking about. I'm hearing rumors that it will be Claire who dies. They said it's a female and that she was in the first few mintues of the first episode... I hope it's not true.

I was thinking Niki/Jessica would be good to die..

But with that said.. both actresses who play Claire and Niki have both said in interveiws that they have signed on for a second season.. so who knows...

Elizur

Claire is so popular though.  Really a great character, man, surely they wouldn't off her. 

Geekyfanboy

Elizur

That's for sure.

Kenny, what is  your avatar?  I don't recognize it. 

oh man, I hope my geek cred isn't fixing to go down by asking this.

Geekyfanboy

It's River Tam from Firefly... it's actually from the movie Serenity.. it's towards the end of the movie when they are on Miranda and she is sensing the dead all around her. Talk about being a geek...:)

keozen

I hope it's not Claire either. Her Mom can die for me, no biggie but I don't think that'd be it. It could be Isac/Peter's g/f who's name escapes me at the moment which is silly.

Or it could be Peter, he can be quite a girl at times :D

Geekyfanboy

Well the new rumor is that Malcolm McDowell who played Dr. Tolian Soran from Star Trek: Generations is going to be playing Mr. Linderman.

Geekyfanboy

Ali Larterâ€"who plays Heroes' troubled Niki Sanders and her kickass doppelganger, Jessicaâ€"revealed that one of her personalities takes overâ€"or perhaps the two merge into a new oneâ€"in the March 5 episode, "Parasite." "One of the things that [series creator] Tim [Kring] was saying that we're kind of letting out was [that] one of the characters definitely takes control of me," Larter said in an interview over the weekend at San Francisco's WonderCon. "You'll see Monday."

Larter remained coy about which personality prevails, but squealed when asked if Niki dies, as rumored: "I don't know! You have to watch on Monday!" Larter added: "[One of them is] definitely the one that's taking control. And we're really moving into a merging of the two characters."

Larter also revealed that the first season's final episodes will bring everything to a head, with a convergence of the main characters. "We're going in to shoot the finale, which I can't believe it; I mean, we're going to start shooting it in a couple weeks," Larter said. "The two-hour finale, and all the characters are going to be coming together and meeting each other, and, you know, there's definitely, like, a desperate tone in the air, and ... the stakes are really high. So people are taking on different powers. Milo's [Ventimiglia] character [Peter Petrelli] is taking them [on]. Sylar's [Zachary Quinto] [is] taking them [on], and, you know, it's definitely going to be good versus evil."

Meanwhile, Jeph Loeb, co-executive producer of the hit NBC series, told an audience at WonderCon that the season's final episodes will wrap up the arc of the first season and answer all the questions raised in the pilot. The finale will also seal the fates of some characters, while raising new questions and leaving open a number of cliffhangers leading into the second season, for which the producers are already preparing, he added. Heroes airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM

Geekyfanboy

SPOILER ALERT â€" Kring Has Fate of Heroes Mapped

On a panel at the Museum of Television and Radio William S. Paley Festival this weekend, “Heroes” creator Tim Kring told the audience present that he knows the fate of every one of the Heroes and has their destiny for the end of Season One all mapped out.

Although he is putting the finishing touches to the script for the season one finale, Kring stated “I know everyone’s fate.”

What we can tell you is Mr. Linderman, revealed last week in the guise of actor Malcom McDowell, is also a gifted hero and the man behind New York’s demise, but, unlike Sylar, his wanton destruction is done with pure intentions.

Kring also revealed that Nathan Petrelli may end up in the Oval Office of the White House, if Linderman’s predictions turn out to be correct.

This show breaks the mold of every one that has come before it because no character on the program, no matter how pivotal, loved, hated or admired, is safe from elimination. What makes it even more amazing is that the audience knows this, but the writers are so good and the actors so believable in the roles, that fans don’t mind investing their time and emotions into them, knowing full well they could be gone in the next episode. That is real-life programming and SF at its best.

Geekyfanboy

Here is another article.. sounds good.

More Heroes Secrets Unveiled

Tim Kring, the creator of NBC's hit SF series Heroes, told fans that the show will eventually bring all of the main hero characters together before the season is out and offered a preview of the April 23 episode, in which many secrets are revealed about Mr. Linderman (Malcolm McDowell). At a panel for the Museum of Television and Radio's William S. Paley Festival in Hollywood on March 10, Kring unveiled a long scene from the next new episode, ".07," featuring McDowell's Linderman speaking with Adrian Pasdar's Nathan Petrelli (spoilers ahead!).

Among other things, viewers learn that Linderman has superpowers of his own, that he was once a member of a group of heroes, that the members of the group eventually used their powers for personal gainâ€"and that he is behind the plot to blow up New York as a way to engender widespread fear, which he believes will bring the nation together in hope. Linderman also reveals a prophecy that Nathan will eventually wind up in the White House.

As for the season finale, Kring told fans that he was "still putting the final script together" but has it all mapped out. "I know everyone's fate," he said cryptically.

Greg Grunberg, who plays psychic cop Matt Parkman, said that he had already read the script for the 22nd of 23 episodes and that it "just blew me away." Who lives and who dies? "It's the nature of the show to know that we're all vulnerable," Grunberg added.

Kring and Grunberg were joined on the panel by cast members Santiago Cabrera (Isaac Mendez), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Jack Coleman (H.R.G.), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli), Pasdar, Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah Sanders) and Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins). Heroes airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT and returns with the final five episodes of the first season starting on April 23. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

keozen

Ohhhhhhhhhh, interesting!

I did like the guy they brought on to be Linderman and I have now confirmed that it's the same guy that was Soran (my brain was thinking, is it/isn't it for ages).

I'm so Hyped for when it gets back!

Geekyfanboy

The season finale brings the paths of our heroes together in New York City, Kring said. He just completed writing the season finale, called “How to Stop an Exploding Man,” which begins filming this week.

“The whole thing converges in New York, … and they’re all there, and all of them play a role,” Kring said. Even though some may feel like they’re less significant to the final event, when you analyze it, each one had to play that role in order for the final event to be solved, and so there really was a kind of destiny quality to them coming together and having each one fulfilling [one thing] and one specific role.”

Kring said there would be several deaths in the season finale and hinted that one or more of them may be series regulars.

“The thing is, people knew fairly early on [that they might not make it through the season],” Kring said. “Everybody, every actor that we’ve spoken to. I mean, … we’ve spoken about this idea, that on this show the story is king and everybody is in service of that story. It’s not a star vehicle. No, the show does not live or die by any one character. And so every actor should realize that at some point their ticket might come up. It’s both sad and exciting at the same time.”

Of course, the finale will end on one of “Heroes”‘ famous cliffhangers. But Kring says the storylines will from this season will be resolved and we’ll be left to wonder about the fates of characters. Kring has previously stated that the first season’s story will be self-contained and he considers it to be “volume one.” Season two would be “volume two” and have its own arc.

“Heroes” returns on NBC with new episodes on Monday, April 23 and the season finale airs Monday, May 23.

Geekyfanboy

Myspace has exclusive look at the upcoming episodes of Heroes. Warning this is spolierish.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2019711164

Here's another one

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/contest/