• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Raines

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 20, 2007, 11:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

NBC announced that the mid-season drama “Raines” will debut on Thursday, March 15 (10-11 p.m. ET) followed by a second episode on March 22 before the series settles in its regular day and time on Friday, March 30 (9-10 p.m. ET).

The announcement was made by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

“We have been eagerly anticipating the premiere of this attractive and quirky new drama since we announced it last May at Upfront,” said Reilly. “Combining the creative talents on and off camera with star Jeff Goldblum and Emmy-winning executive producer Graham Yost brings something uniquely different to NBC this Spring.”

Emmy Award-winning writer-producer Graham Yost (”From Earth to the Moon,” “Band of Brothers,” “Boomtown”) and star Jeff Goldblum (”The Lost World: Jurassic Park,” “Independence Day,” “The Fly”) combine creative forces in the inventive police-drama that blends traditional noir storytelling with humor and intrigue.

Eccentric LAPD Detective Michael Raines (Goldblum) has a unique ability â€" his imagination is so keen that when he’s on a murder case, the murder victims actually take shape in front of him. At first he thinks he’s losing his mind, but he finds that talking to these constantly evolving hallucinations (they’re figments of his imagination, not ghosts) helps him discover their killers.

Also prominent in Raines’ life are: his understanding boss, Captain Daniel Lewis (Matt Craven, “From the Earth to the Moon”); an antagonistic uniformed officer, Remi Boyer (Dov Davidoff, “Third Watch”); Boyer’s long-suffering partner, Officer Michelle Lance (Linda Park, “Star Trek: Enterprise”); sharp-tongued civilian employee, Carolyn Crumley (Nicole Sullivan, “MadTV”); his former partner, Charlie Lincoln (Malik Yoba, “Thief”), and therapist Samantha Kohl, (Madeleine Stowe, “The Last of the Mohicans,” “We Were Soldiers”).

“Raines” is from NBC Universal Television Studio.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jedijeff

Thats great that Linda Park is in this, will have to watch to see how she does.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I'm a Jeff Goldblum fan but the reason this show caught my eye was because of Linda Park. Speaking of Linda Park does anyone know if she's the sister of Grace Park (Boomer) from BSG?

Fanboy

Goldblum is one cool cat.  Can't wait to see this show.
"I aim to misbehave."

jedijeff

Geekyfanboy

“Raines” A Different Sort of Cop

"Raines” is not your ordinary police detective. He is neurotic, paranoid, internal and, oh yes, he thinks he sees and talks to dead murder victims.

Emmy Award-winning executive producer-writer Graham Yost (”Band of Brothers,” “From the Earth to the Moon,” “Boomtown”) and star Jeff Goldblum (”The Lost World: Jurassic Park,” “Independence Day,” “The Fly”) combine forces in “Raines,” an inventive police drama that blends traditional noir storytelling with humor and intrigue.

Eccentric LAPD Detective Michael Raines (Goldblum) uses his unique imagination to focus on every murder case in such a way that the murder victims actually begin to take shape in front of him. At first, he thinks he’s losing his mind, but he then uses the constantly evolving hallucinations â€" which are figments of his imagination and not ghosts â€" to help him discover the victims’ killers. Raines struggles to accept this peculiar gift â€" or burden â€" and reconcile it with his daily life.

Also prominent in Raines’ life are his understanding boss, Captain Daniel Lewis (Matt Craven, “From the Earth to the Moon”); an antagonistic uniformed officer, Remi Boyer (Dov Davidoff, “Third Watch”); Boyer’s long-suffering partner, Officer Michelle Lance (Linda Park, “Star Trek: Enterprise”); sharp-tongued civilian employee, Carolyn Crumley (Nicole Sullivan, “MADtv”); his former partner, Charlie Lincoln (Malik Yoba, “Thief”); and therapist, Samantha Kohl (Madeleine Stowe, “The Last of the Mohicans,” “We Were Soldiers”).

“Raines” premieres tonight at 10/9C on NBC.

moyer777

Did anyone else watch this?

My family did and with the exception of couple of lines... it was AWESOME!  Jeff mumbled through his lines in Goldblum fashion and it was fun to see Hoshi agian.  What a cool concept.. kind of like the sixth sense done tv, but not.

I liked the way the character teared up at the end, and it was really good.  I am looking forward to some more episodes.  Way cool.

What did you think?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

I missed it.. forgot it was on.. I think they are repeating the fist episode again.. I'll have to catch it then.

moyer777

if not, I can put it on DVD for you Kenny.  Just let me know.

Love,

Rick

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

This seems cool sorta a CSI like thing
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Four Lights

The show was AMAZING!! a must see.
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

Darkmolerman

Yeah...but everyone would think him a wacko....

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: moyer777 on March 17, 2007, 05:04:24 PM
if not, I can put it on DVD for you Kenny.  Just let me know.

Love,

Rick

Thanks for the offer Rick.. but you can download the premeire episode on itunes for free.. so I'll just download it from there.. thank again.

Darkmolerman

I am so going to watch Ranies if its free on itunes

Darth Gaos

Finally catching up on DVR stuff (which is why I am avoiding the BSG thread at this point) and last night we finally watched Raines.  What a great, great show.  Jeff Goldblum is great...a perfect role for his style...as a matter of fact I would not be surprised of the role was written with him in mind.  We will defintely be adding this to the permanent list for recording.

Oh and something that actually surprised me was the end with his old partner.  Usually I am pretty good at figuring things like that out, but I must have just been lost in the story or not paying close enough attention.....good on them.....
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?