Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Farscape" on Blu-Ray!

Started by Rico, October 02, 2011, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

OH, FRELL YES!!!

Must buy for me!

A&E Home Video has revealed that it will bring the sci-fi TV series Farscape to Blu-ray on November 15th. The Australian/American production, which ran from 1999 to 2003, will be available on Blu-ray in both individual seasons packages and a complete series collection with all four seasons.

Farscape centers on an astronaut named John Crichton (played by Ben Browder) who is accidentally flung across space in a wormhole during an experimental test flight. He becomes a resident on a giant living ship called Moya and bands together with the rest of the crew as they resist corrupt authorities known as Peacekeepers. The show was conceived by Rockne S. O'Bannon (seaQuest DSV) and produced in part with The Jim Henson Company.

Fans of the show will have their choice of picking up The Complete Series or individual season packages on the first day of release. The Complete Series has been priced at $199.95 and individual seasons will go for $69.95 each.

Technical specifications and special features have yet to be announced. Pre-orders are now up on Amazon.

Discounted to about $125 for the whole series on Amazon right now:
http://www.amazon.com/Farscape-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B005CXOG8M?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-011-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005CXOG8M&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Farscape - Season 4 - Intro (HD)

Ktrek

Although I like Farscape I don't think I like it enough to replace my DVD set with Blu-Ray. Maybe someday if I were to find a good deal on a used set.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

UPDATE -

A+E Home Entertainment is hiding 10 golden tickets around the New York Comic Con convention center and will unveil clues via their Twitter feed starting October 13th. Attendees who find the tickets can redeem them for Farscape: The Complete Series on Blu-ray before it's available to the public!

Their Twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/#!/aehomeent

spaltor

Quote from: Rico on October 16, 2011, 05:06:56 AM
UPDATE -

A+E Home Entertainment is hiding 10 golden tickets around the New York Comic Con convention center and will unveil clues via their Twitter feed starting October 13th. Attendees who find the tickets can redeem them for Farscape: The Complete Series on Blu-ray before it's available to the public!

Their Twitter feed:

Yeah, that Golden Ticket thinking didn't go so well. 

On Sunday, there was some kind of error with their twitter.  Apparently, the clues were set to go out automatically, but none of them were sent until after the show floor closed on Sunday, so no one could get in, and people were being ushered out.  I replied, saying just that, and got a DM that said "Sorry - Send us your address, and we'll mail you a set this week!"   So, apparently, I won Farscape on Blu-Ray.    :)  Sweet.

bevs_plaything

Quote from: spaltor on October 17, 2011, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Rico on October 16, 2011, 05:06:56 AM
UPDATE -

Their Twitter feed:

Yeah, that Golden Ticket thinking didn't go so well. 

On Sunday, there was some kind of error with their twitter.  Apparently, the clues were set to go out automatically, but none of them were sent until after the show floor closed on Sunday, so no one could get in, and people were being ushered out.  I replied, saying just that, and got a DM that said "Sorry - Send us your address, and we'll mail you a set this week!"   So, apparently, I won Farscape on Blu-Ray.    :)  Sweet.

Congratulations, you must let us know how good the transfers are.  :)

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I have the entire set on DVD and I think I'm okay with that... for now!!

billybob476

Just started watching Farscape last night on Netflix, it's been on my list forever.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on October 28, 2011, 10:31:10 AM
Just started watching Farscape last night on Netflix, it's been on my list forever.

Awesome.. you're in for a wild ride!!!

WillEagle

I have it on my Q to watch and I'm looking foward to it but I'm watching a couple other series right now and don't want to get to many going at once.

KingIsaacLinksr

I just started last night too, go figure. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

One of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi series.  Enjoy everyone who hasn't seen it yet.

ElfManDan

I'm a little surprised you guys have never seen it, but you're in for a wonderful time. It's such a fantastic show. Just make it through the first season, that's when it really starts ramping up. Though it's still pretty good in season 1.

WillEagle

I have seen some of this series but i think i only seen 1st and 2nd season shows. Don't remember why i didn't stick with it. Maybe they changed the channel it was airing on.