• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Zoom, zoom

Started by Rico, April 24, 2010, 06:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

As the other is a lease, I guess that means they simply take it back from you?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on June 08, 2010, 03:13:34 AM
As the other is a lease, I guess that means they simply take it back from you?

Actually, the General Motors dealer will take it back from me.  I'll drop it off there before picking up the new car.

- Maybe because of the recent Voyager episode "Alice" that I reviewed but I'm trying to come up with a good "personal name" for the new ride.  Have to think on that some.

moyer777

don't go nueral interfacing with her Rico!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Since it's a Japanese car you should name her Midori or Yuki or something.

Bryancd

Rico

Rico

What do you guys think?

Bryancd

Feathers

Nice to be able to do it! Are your plates completely free format?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

For Michigan, they allow up to seven characters - only letters or numbers (no special characters).  And it costs a little extra (and can't be already taken).  It's how I got the JEDI K plate I have had for awhile now.  I like this one too:

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on June 10, 2010, 09:09:44 AM

No, you have to apply to DMV and pay more for a vanity plate (that's what they call them) and only if it already isn't in use. Rico, people will see that plate and assume that's your name, drive up alongside expecting to wink at a cute Asian woman, only to be shocked by your 6+" of white guy! LOL!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on June 10, 2010, 09:16:08 AM
Quote from: Feathers on June 10, 2010, 09:09:44 AM

No, you have to apply to DMV and pay more for a vanity plate (that's what they call them) and only if it already isn't in use. Rico, people will see that plate and assume that's your name, drive up alongside expecting to wink at a cute Asian woman, only to be shocked by your 6+" of white guy! LOL!

Yeah - I thought of that.  So, while I may call the new ride Hoshi, I'm not so sure that's the way to go with the plate.  So, I'm testing alternate ideas here:  http://services.sos.state.mi.us/plates/papstep2.asp?plateType=STANDARD&plateID=bluebar&hndCap=false&vtype=&Clear=TRUE

(It also checks if the plate is taken - or not too).

Bryancd

I really like your current Jedi K one.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on June 10, 2010, 09:27:06 AM
I really like your current Jedi K one.

Well, that is getting moved to the new car for now at least.  WOW!  This is available.  My initials...

billybob476

We have the same thing here however it costs about 250 dollars vs 50 for normal plates.

If you want to represent, I'd just do this: