• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Season 10 OOC

Started by Jen, June 18, 2009, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Just a heads up that next Friday, June 26th will mark the start of Season 10. Please don't wait until that time to update your profiles.

I will create another thread here with season notes, which will contain a fresh outline (minus the debate had in the other thread) and other details for the this specific story.

Just so you know, this season will start off with the Arabella as a new ship. The Lucas Virus (from the prime time line of Season 5) destroyed the Tiberius in this timeline as well and everyone who was a crew member on that ship, and survived, went to quarantine for a year (just like Season 6). It took another year before Arabella was finished. So, two years have passed since the destruction of Tiberius. The events that occurred during this time are almost the same, with only a few details being different. For example:  Doctor Lucas was the CMO of the Tibeirus.Drett was Assistant CMO. Quinn was always the captain (there was no Captain Bell), and Sevryll was always the XO of that ship. Lucas died from the virus and Drett became acting CMO. Ryla still has her symbiont as the Mirror Universe story did not occur in this timeline.

When we begin this season, the Arabella will be fresh from space dock. She will already have crossed into Romulan Space with a convoy of six other vessels that she is heading (she will be called a "flag ship" but it's only of this convoy). The convoy is called "The Seventh Fleet". The creation of this fleet will give us plenty of opportunities to board other SF vessels to help, command, socialize etc. There will be a post detailing the other ships posted in an upcoming "season 10 notes" thread. Look for that soon.

I don't think we're going to have a Skype call on the RR before Season 10 begins. We are so busy with work and family stuff that it is sort of difficult to plan a 'get together' right now. But we will have one at some point after the story has started. Stay tuned.

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

dinghead

*Laughs most evily in evilish anticipation* :joker

Jen

Please see "Season 10 Outline" and "The Seventh Fleet:
Vessels, Crews and Missions" for direction and resources this season.

Seventh Fleet:
http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=6714.msg74027;topicseen#new

Season 10 Outline:
http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?topic=6715.msg74030;topicseen#new
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Season 10 begins tomorrow morning. You'll know after the first two posts exactly what's going on. We're instantly jumping in to the action. ;)  Again, please update your profiles before tomorrow. A couple of you still have the same ranks, positions and ship postings from previous seasons listed in your dusty character profiles...If you have been promoted or you have a character portrait, please change your character information to reflect that. Writers refer to profiles when they need to include other characters in their posts and having proper information will make our story better. Don't make me PM you. :D Thanks. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Allen

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Dangelus

This is going to be interesting. Hopefully I can keep up without having a breakdown!  :D

Meds

Jen

Great job everyone. I'm enjoying the posts. :)

Don't forget to introduce the reader to your character...act as though they know nothing about who they are or what they are all about.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

dinghead

I hope my sudden sprouting of... well, Redshirts was kosher.  I vaguely remember there being a list of such characters somewhere, but I couldn't track it down. Hope I didn't unintentionally borrow anyone ^^;;

Jen

It's more than okay to invent characters, but there is a section of NPCs if you want to use one that we already created (see link below)...if you will go ahead and make profiles for those NPCs you've recently invented so we can reuse them (if you're not planning to kill them off) include them here, that would be awesome :) :
http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

Oh and K'Tan is the Chief of Operations now. I noticed you guys mentioned him as "one of your own" as if he was a security guy. Maybe I misread? Also, the first officer called only D'Callan, K'Tan, Daelen and Drett on the away mission but Dunn was included in your post. I thought he was being told by D'Callan to run the department while he was away. :)

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Yeah, what Jen said. I too need clarification on who's going on the mission. Is D'callan wanting to put Dunn on the away team?

Bryancd

I asked Meds to call him along to bring him into the story. Is that ok?  ??? I didn't see where he left Dunn in charge.

X

Aeric picked the team he did because of their experience and or their knowledge of the people they are meeting. He wanted the numbers low because of the space on the shuttle. I also don't think that he's going to approve the presence of three security officers on a rescue mission. It doesn't paint the picture of trust that they need to establish with them. Also, it's not a good idea for the chief and his go to guy to jump on the same mission without running it up the flag pole first.