Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Avengers - Live Action Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 18, 2007, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Dangelus on February 21, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
Hmm not sure about the Cap suit although I suppose it's realistic. Can't wait for the movie though.

Same thoughts about Cap's uniform.  Personally I prefered Cap's 1940's uniform.

This morning I read somewhere that the movie is being renamed here in the UK to avoid people getting confused with Steed and Mrs Peel.

Jobydrone

AWESOME new trailer.  Thanks for the link K.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ChrisMC

HOLY @!#$%^$#!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mother of GOD.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

ElfManDan

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe how good the trailer make this look. This has been built up so much with the other films and the trailers just add to the excitement for these characters to finally come together. What can they possibly do after this I wonder to build this much hype.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: bevs_plaything on February 29, 2012, 11:13:31 AM
Hmm not sure about the Cap suit although I suppose it's realistic. Can't wait for the movie though.
This morning I read somewhere that the movie is being renamed here in the UK to avoid people getting confused with Steed and Mrs Peel.

What will the title be, "The League Of Avenging Gentlemen"? :)

billybob476

Quote from: Darmok on March 01, 2012, 06:03:29 AM
Quote from: bevs_plaything on February 29, 2012, 11:13:31 AM

"The Colonial Avengers"

Rico

Awesome new trailer with some great new moments.  Yep, looks like for the UK it's called "Avengers Assemble."  I hope Joss Whedon was able to inject a lot of good character moments.  This latest trailer seems to show some of that too.  Can't wait!

Poodyglitz

Actually took the time to watch the last trailer...sweeeeeeet!!!!!

Love the Bruce Banner line, "We're not a team. We're a time bomb."

Poodyglitz

Quote from: billybob476 on March 01, 2012, 06:18:28 AM
Quote from: Darmok on March 01, 2012, 06:03:29 AM

"The Colonial Avengers"

If they did that, Glen Larson and/or Ron Moore would probably be on them like white on rice. :-D

WillEagle

I watched the trailer on IMBD before I came onto the forum tonight.  How many ways can you say AWESOME!!!
The Hulk looks amazing!! And it looks like they have a new opening date for this on April 26! I'm on vacation that week!!! So maybe I can go see it 3 or 4 times!!
[spoiler]It was awesome when the Hulk caught Iron Man and It seemed weird to me that the Black Widow was the one that had to find Bruce Banner.[/spoiler]

WillEagle

OK, OK. I'm correcting myself here. If I lived in Britian I could see The Avengers on April 26. But since I live in Ohio I will have to wait. That latest trailer threw me off. I did find all 3 trailers on Hulu Plus and they look cool on my big screen!

LoneSpar

I had always been a DC guy, but the build up to this has me stoked!!!!!!!!!!!

Jobydrone

Quote from: LoneSpar on March 06, 2012, 08:50:40 PM
I had always been a DC guy, but the build up to this has me stoked!!!!!!!!!!!
The best thing is, when the Avengers makes a billion at the box office, DC will wake up and we'll FINALLY get that AWESOME Justice League movie!!!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Jobydrone on March 07, 2012, 07:23:49 AM
The best thing is, when the Avengers makes a billion at the box office, DC will wake up and we'll FINALLY get that AWESOME Justice League movie!!!

First, we need a decent contemporary Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, et. al. movie.