News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

So, what do we all do for a living?!

Started by Bryancd, November 06, 2006, 11:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Quote from: Ronzo on June 28, 2009, 08:42:16 PM
I was born over four hundred years in the Highlands of Scotland, I am Duncan McClown. Ooops sory, one of my many Walter Mitty day dreams.

I am a clown. A real balloon twisting, magic performing, juggling, and childrens entertaining clown.  I have been performing since the age of thirteen,  I am now forty-nine and have been performing full time for over eleven years.
My dream job was to be an astronaut, and my teachers in school agreed with my choice, because they said I was, "Taking up space in class. "
However I showed them by skipping a grade in class. I went from the fourth grade to the second grade. But I digress, becoming an astronaut was never to be. I was too short, flat footed and have poor eyesight.
No worry, my first love "SCIFI" (take that SYFY Channel) takes me into space anytime I want.

RONZO ;D

Check out my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/ronzotheclown

I wondered who and why a clown would subscribe to my youtube page. Wasn't sure if you were an Anomaly listener or just someone who tripped across one of our videos. :) Welcome to the forum! I'll accept your friend request later...I can't remember my password right now. LOL. :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KatzeKitty

ChadH, how nice of you to mention me  :-* .  I'm just sorry you have to slog through work and school with two teenagers and a nagger in a fixer-upper.

So, what do I do?  I help people find the right master's program for them.  There's a ton of degrees out there, and it can be overwhelming to choose among them.  So, I help.  I'm also very involved in nonprofit development and leadership programs in our area, helping to provide training to staff and boards.  I'm a thesis away from getting my master's in nonprofit development, and will have to start being selfish with my time to try to get it done before my boss retires next spring (no pressure!).

I also work with an international foundation which has provided me with headaches and opportunities; it's allowed us to go to Berlin twice (I've had to go alone to other places, too).  We had to pass on India this year because we committed to remodeling our kitchen.  What a tough choice that was!  *sigh*

~katzekitty

ElfManDan

I'm not exactly doing what I'll be doing for a living yet (still in school), but I thought I'd mention my new summer job. Just started today (did have some touring yesterday). I'm helping in the IT department at a local company called McGregor, that helps farmers to produce better crops (I come from the land of farmers by the way) and making farming more modern. I'll be helping to take inventory of all the equipment, least for the time being, but it would seem that I'm in for quite a summer working here.

Ronzo

Quote from: Jen on June 29, 2009, 10:56:57 AM

I wondered who and why a clown would subscribe to my youtube page. Wasn't sure if you were an Anomaly listener or just someone who tripped across one of our videos. :) Welcome to the forum! I'll accept your friend request later...I can't remember my password right now. LOL. :D

It is because I am a uber geeky nerdy clown. I just wish there were geeky girls in my highschool thirty some odd years ago. Anyway thank you for the welcome! I just subscribed to The Anomaly Podcast, and as usual for me I start listening from the beginning. Just to be sure I have all of them, did you start the podcast in January of '08?
I am almost caught up with The Treksinscifi Podcast and then I will start with yours.

Thank you!!
RONZO ;D

Feathers

I think you'll find that's when they started on iTunes...but there are some earlier works that are harder to come by I believe.

There is even rumour of a first episod that will never see the light of day...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jnoble79

Wow, there are a lot of people with really great jobs on here. My job is not as awesome but its ok I work at UPS refurbishing Toshiba laptops. However this is not my dream job. My dream job would be a MLB scout, or a video game designer.

ori-STUDFARM

I drive a wheeled front end loader in a waste recycling plant. Not particularly glamorous, but it enables me to get through 60+ hours of podcasts a week!

dataskatt

Hi everyone! I am a bank teller. I used to do graphic design (which I love) but I decided I like to actually have a job, so I switched careers. Not much graphic work left here in N.C.

I'd like to start my own business someday...
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Ronzo

Quote from: Feathers on July 04, 2009, 01:45:16 AM
I think you'll find that's when they started on iTunes...but there are some earlier works that are harder to come by I believe.

There is even rumour of a first episod that will never see the light of day...

Ok don't laugh! I do not have an IPOD, I own a ZUNE...letting laughter die down... It is a thirty gig ZUNE... more laughter from those that remember the epic fail it had on December 31, 2008. Google it for the info.
Anyway I cannot get  podcasts to go from ITUNES to my ZUNE. I guess I am lacking in that knowledge. Crazy as it may seem, I am going to buy the new 32 gig ZUNEHD. Ok  you may continue with your regular posting when you are done laughing.

RONZO ;D

Quantum-Charles

I sell hats for a living. Not noble but brings in a good paycheck.

Nomad

I'm a TV and stage lighting Designer/Director. I work in the Montreal area and also travel to the US and worldwide for corporate events mostly!

I love my job!
"That unit is defective. Its thinking is chaotic. Absorbing it unsettled me."
"That 'unit' is a woman."
"A mass of conflicting impulses."

- Nomad and Spock

X

I'm starting a new job tomorrow. When I know what it is, I'll update.

Feathers

Quote from: Just X on January 24, 2010, 07:27:07 PM
When I know what it is, I'll update.

That sounds...interesting. I can't imagine starting a job where I didn't know what it was before I began.

Hmmm, actually that's exactly what happened when I joined this place (20 years ago). OK, I can imagine doing that after all.

Have a good day!

Feathers

Hey! Have I never posted my job here? I thought I had but...

I'm a Systems Engineer in an Avionics/Aerospace company in the UK. Meaningless description, isn't it?

I used to write software for a living (for our range of on-board navigation computers) but moved up in the world to the point where I now write documents instead. These get farmed out to other people (internal and sub-contract) so they can write the software or build the hardware which we then put on the aircraft in order to get it to do what's required. That's also a pretty meaningless description...

The cockpit parts of this is what we're working on at the moment:
http://www.allbusiness.com/electronics/computer-electronics-manufacturing-measuring/13146688-1.html

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Feathers on March 16, 2010, 04:32:09 PM
Hey! Have I never posted my job here? I thought I had but...

I'm a Systems Engineer in an Avionics/Aerospace company in the UK. Meaningless description, isn't it?

I used to write software for a living (for our range of on-board navigation computers) but moved up in the world to the point where I now write documents instead. These get farmed out to other people (internal and sub-contract) so they can write the software or build the hardware which we then put on the aircraft in order to get it to do what's required. That's also a pretty meaningless description...

The cockpit parts of this is what we're working on at the moment:
http://www.allbusiness.com/electronics/computer-electronics-manufacturing-measuring/13146688-1.html
That sounds pretty good to me - to have a hand in the aviation industry!  I do Document Management & Workflow & Records Management for a huge financial services company.   
Pete