• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Trek News - Page Six: Shatner Out, Nimoy In For 'Trek XI'

Started by News Bot, June 21, 2007, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

News Bot

Page Six: Shatner Out, Nimoy In For 'Trek XI'

Gossip column claims original Kirk actor 'is very upset' not to have been approached for film.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/210607_01.shtml

Bringing you the latest headlines from across the cosmos....

space_invader64

This is a good sign.  Shatner doesn't know a good script from a bad one and Nimoy does.  Nimoy wanted no part of star trek generations.  Generations was a movie that wasn't what it should have been.  Shatner often gets involved with bad projects.  IE star trek 5!

I don't think Nimoy would have done it if he didn't think it was going to be a good movie.  And as the director of three and four, I see this as a really good sign.  I always get nervus when they mess with the back story.

Rico

This is just rumor mill stuff.  Plus, the story certainly will not focus on the older actors so it really isn't a big deal in any case.

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on June 21, 2007, 07:16:38 PM
This is just rumor mill stuff.  Plus, the story certainly will not focus on the older actors so it really isn't a big deal in any case.

Yea...the next thing you know there will be some rumor that James Doohan is in! Sheesh! Until they officially announce cast at Comic Con or whenever I don't put any weight in this kind of rumor. It sounds like a fan (sic?) con job to me.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine