• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

I'm Sick!

Started by Ktrek, September 25, 2009, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

I woke up last night with difficulty breathing and so my wife took me to the doctor's office first thing this morning. They did a sinus swab and I am officially diagnosed with the flu. They don't know which strain but I for sure have it. Funny thing is I don't feel that bad but I hope it doesn't get worse. I just have this chect and sinus congestion and wheezing in my breathing. So, if you start to have cough symptoms with phlegm you might want to get in and see a doctor. The sooner you are diagnosed the more effective Tamiflu is to help you recover. And since thousands die every year of the flu it's nothing to be sneezed at! (pun intended). I was actually shocked to find out it was the flu because I just thought it was seasonal allergies.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

billybob476

Blargh, feel better. The flu sucks.

Rico

Hope you feel better.  The minute I feel anything close to symptoms of a cold or flu - bam, I'm running to get the drugs from the drugstore or medicine cabinet - hehe!

billybob476

Rico you're a chemist, can't you just make some drugs? :)

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on September 25, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
Rico you're a chemist, can't you just make some drugs? :)

Yeah - but they are make it harder to get the raw materials.  Maybe I should try driving to Canada to get them?  ;)

billybob476

LOL. Yeah it's anarchy up here ;)

CODEINE FOR ALL!

Bryancd

Thwe flu sucks. Knock on wood, I haven't gotten really sick in years. Feel better, Kevin, and if you begin to have this strange obsession with wallowing in the mud.... ;)

Ktrek

Thanks guys! I haven't been sick with the flu in years. I even got my flu shot a little over a week ago. I guess it wasn't soon enough or another strain.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

I hope you feel better soon Kevin.  NO FUN!  Watch lots of TNG.  That helps me.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com