• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - the next Treks in Sci-Fi Book Club Selection

Started by Duffster, January 23, 2008, 04:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

If you haven't read this book I think you will enjoy it. Is the week of Feb 4th enough time for everyone to have gotten it and start discussing the first section??

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

I will get a link up today from Amazon to order it from here.  Gets me a few cents that way at least.  ;)

Rico

Link is up and I ordered my copy.  I think the week of Feb. 4th will be fine to start Duffster.

wraith1701

I have my copy in hand, and I am ready to roll (or I will be once I finish my current book).

Looking forward to it; Stranger In A Strange Land and Starship Troopers are two of my favorite books.  If The Moon is as good as these, it should be an enjoyable read. :)  So, how are we going to break down the chapters?  Thirty chapters, about 300 pages total...  maybe 10 chapters a week?

Duffster

I was looking at my copy this morning. The book is told in three "books". How about one each week. It may make for some uneven numbers, but I think it will make more sense discussing this way.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

wraith1701

Quote from: Duffster on January 26, 2008, 12:22:45 PM
I was looking at my copy this morning. The book is told in three "books". How about one each week. It may make for some uneven numbers, but I think it will make more sense discussing this way.

Duffster

That actually makes more sense.  Sounds cool to me. 

I'm curious, how many other folks are reading this one?

billybob476

Rico

Ktrek

I haven't decided if I want to re-read this one again. I'm thinking of sitting this one out.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine