News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Eureka Season Three (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 27, 2007, 04:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

SCI FI Channel Orders 3rd Season of “Eureka”

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/09/28/sci-fi-channel-orders-3rd-season-of-eureka/

SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on a third season of its most-watched Original Series “Eureka,” ordering 13 new hours of the dramedy. It was announced late yesterday (Thursday) by Mark Stern, SCI FI Channel’s Executive Vice President of Original Programming.

“Eureka” will begin production on a third season in Vancouver early next year for a summer 2008 premiere.

“Eureka rose to an even higher creative level in its sophomore season, combining entertaining, compelling stories with deeper character development and great cast chemistry. And clearly the audience noticed, bringing millions of new viewers to the Channel,” said Mark Stern.

In keeping with SCI FI’s mission to broaden the scope and appeal of its programming roster, “Eureka” is a relatable, earth-based dramedy credited with bringing in over 3 million new viewers to the Channel in its second season alone. The series premiere on July 18, 2006 broke Channel records and remains the highest rated series telecast in SCI FI history. “Eureka” continued to grow in its second season, achieving season high household and key demo ratings with its August 28th episode (2.1 HH, 1,654,000 adults 25-54).

“Eureka” seems like any other cozy Pacific Northwest town, but is actually a secret community of geniuses assembled by the government to conduct top-secret research. The result is a place where anything imaginable can happen… and does. Returning for a third season are stars Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson, Joe Morton, Jordan Hinson and Ed Quinn and executive producers Jaime Paglia and Charlie Craig. Eureka is a SCI FI Channel presentation and is produced and distributed by Universal Media Studios.

Darth Gaos

Yay!  This is great news as  "Eureka" is easily of our favorite shows on TV
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Finally some news about Season three of Eureka.. the strike really hurt this series.

Morton Has Hopes For Eureka

Joe Morton, who co-stars as Henry Deacon on SCI FI Channel's original series Eureka, told SCI FI Wire that he hopes the upcoming third season will find Henry involved in stories with a political and environmental bent.

"Henry is, you know, the go-to guy for all things impossible," Morton said in an interview at the network's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York last week. Morton added that he'd like to see Henry "get involved in something political. Last year, I sort of ended up being carted off to prison. So I think there's a change again for him this year in terms of coming out of prison and where he is and getting over Kim and sort of starting a new life."

Production will begin shortly on the new season of Eureka, which was recently picked up for a new season. The new season will pick up the story of the residents of the small town with big secrets.

"I think, probably, it would be nice if politics was a thing, if the world economy was a thing, if he could find a way to use science to help people to make a better living, have a better life, etc., etc., and got involved in the world globally," Morton added.

New episodes of Eureka will premiere either later this year or in 2009. --Ian Spelling

Geekyfanboy

Eureka Will Uncover Surprises

Colin Ferguson, who stars as Sheriff Jack Carter on the SCI FI Channel original series Eureka, told SCI FI Wire that fans are in for some major surprises when the show returns for its third season.

"Going back to season one, I loved season one," Ferguson said in an interview. "Season one was scary, because we didn't know if it was going to work. Part of it was funny, and part of it was dramatic, and we were making it, really, in this sort of void. So when it hit, it was great. And then season two we just tried to build on it. I think, for season three, what we're going to try to do is to really broaden things out."

Eureka centers on the quirky characters in a top-secret town where the government has placed its scientific geniuses. Next season, "there are some characters that are leaving," Ferguson said. "There are some others that are coming in. So it's going to be really sort of tumultuous, and, at the same time, we'll continue with a lot of the arcs that we did for my character, anyway. We'll continue with my daughter [Jordan Hinson as Zoe Carter] and grow in that direction."

Asked what else he hopes to learn about Carter during the new season, Ferguson replied that he's interested in exploring the character's personal and professional past. "I want to know about his history," Ferguson said. "I want know, what was he like as a marshal in L.A.? What was that like? I'd like to see some of that life, not every episode, but come back in and see a little bit of that." Eureka returns later this year or early next. --Ian Spelling

Geekyfanboy

Eureka To Be Lighter

The creators of SCI FI Channel's original series Eureka told SCI FI Wire that they plan to lighten the tone of the upcoming third season and will continue the movie homages.

Speaking at a press day last week in Pasadena, Calif., producers Charlie Craig and Jaime Paglia said that the show is working on tributes to The War of the Worlds, The Truman Show and Groundhog Day.

"One that we've been wanting to do for a long time, Groundhog Day, I think, is the perfect episode thematically for our characters, especially for this guy," Paglia said, referring to the character of Sheriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson). "It involves 2 a.m. and ice water. That's all I'm going to say. Over and over again."

The show's tone got darker for a while, but now the producers plan to flesh out some of the characters and have them interact more. "Obviously every episode is still very stand-alone in terms of the mystery that has to be resolved this week," Paglia said. " We do have an ongoing deeper mystery that will be stretched out over those first eight [weeks of the upcoming third season]. Season one, we were all wanting to find our show, and I think that, ... overall, we were pretty pleased with what we came up with. Some were a little hit or miss. But the tone was very difficult to capture. And I think that ... [in season two] we really wanted to deepen those character relationships and get to know them a bit more, and we went to a slightly darker place with some of them. I'm glad that we did, but at the same time I think that ... [a] couple episodes strayed a little bit too far away from where, I think, our sort of sweet spot is. So we made a concerted effort ... this season to bring us back to the lighter side of Eureka and especially restoring some of the relationships that we were missing a little bit in season two."

Ferguson asked the creators during the press conference about a funny Journey to the Center of the Earth episode he heard about while on the set. "I just read it. It's great," Craig said. "I'm so out of the loop," complained Ferguson. "I guess I prefer to be; it's better for [my] character." Eureka returns this summer with new episodes. --Mike Szymanski

Darth Gaos

This summer?!?!?  Yay!!!  We are very excited for the third season and now extremely happy to hear they will return this year.  I am also happy that they plan to lighten up the show.  I had no complaints with last year but more light-heartedness is OK by me.

Geekyfanboy

Eureka is Back - July 29

The little northwestern town where the most intelligent people in the world live and create the wondrous marvels of future technology is run by a Sheriff with an average I.Q., but who has the most common-sense of anyone living there.

"EUREKA" Returns Tuesday July 29 at 9/8C: Washington sends a "fixer" to make sure the residents are being productive citizens. Due to some government budgetary cuts they will now have to help pay their own way by creating products that can be sold on the open market.

The SCI FI Channel hit series stars Colin Ferguson (Sheriff Carter), Salli Richardson, Joe Morton, Jordan Hinson, Erica Cerra and Ed Quinn. The show has a very strong supporting cast that includes Neil Graystone, Francis Fisher joins the cast this season as Eva Thorne "The Fixer, Matt Frewer and Niall Matter. Of course the other star of the show is Sheriff Jack Carter's house, S.A.R.A.H., who will be in for some exciting changes this season.

Also, watch a sneak peek of "Sanctuary," the web-series turned weekly television show, starring Stargate actress Amanda Tapping –this Tuesday during the return of "Eureka."

Darth Gaos

The DVR is set and ready to go!!!!

Rico

Geekyfanboy

moyer777

How many watched the new season premiere?  It rocked!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

sheldor

Good seeing everyone again.  Don't really miss Beverly all that much.  I think Henry will be let off after saving the world - again.  Who's the new CEO ?  Can't remember where I have seen her before.  Nice having Sci-Fi Tue back.  Unemployment is VERY boring.

ElfManDan

Loved the new episode. Looks like it's going to be the beginning of a great season, again.

Darth Gaos

Loved the season premiere.  I take it that the new CEO also works for whatever group that Beverly worked for.  Also, anyone know what the substance in the vial was that she was holding?

Scott

To me, the premier felt like just more of the same. I liked it, but it didn't seem to go anywhere new. IT seems to work for some shows though. :P
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers