• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Being Human" - SyFy version

Started by Rico, January 17, 2011, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronzo

When I posted that I like the UK version better, it was not because we get to see George's butt. I like women's butts, especially brown filipina butts. I just want to make that clear!  :ohbaby

Why did you kiss my ear?
Why are you holding my hand?
Where's your other hand?
Between two pillows.
Those aren't pillows!
Aah!
Oh, no!
Ooh!
Oh!
Oh!
Oh! See that Bears' game last week?
Hell of a game.
They're going all the way.
Ohh, yeow.  :roflmao

RONZO :biggrin

Feathers

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 19, 2011, 04:07:54 PM
Quote from: Rico on January 19, 2011, 03:37:41 PM
Well, I've seen all of "Torchwood" (and I mean the BBC version) and it didn't seem all that risque to me.  But it seem you Brit's are more frisky than I thought.  ;)

Torchwood had all the man on man action.. that would never be seen in the US.. the past five years they have gotten better with showing a man lightly kiss another man or if it's a joke between two straight guys. British TV is very open and equal when it comes to portraying the gay lifestyle.. not so much in the US (again unless it's HBO or Showtime).

Did any of that not get edited out out for your viewing pleasure? I thought at least one scene would have gone by the time you got it (Jack and Ianto chasing each other naked round the office).

Still :offtopic

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Just watched episode two and I have to say I'm enjoying this series a lot!  I like the main three actors and the show has a very stylish, well filmed look to it.  I also love the great music they have been using.  Really like the end tune at the conclusion of episode two called "You're a Wolf" by the group Sea Wolf.  This series could quickly turn into a favorite of mine I think.  :)

Music used on the series info here:
http://www.syfy.com/beinghuman/playlist

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Yeah really liking this series.. but I do want to check out the UK version as well.

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm, watched the first part, not quite convinced yet, but will give part 2 a chance tomorrow. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

Kenny I think you wil LOVE the UK version.

Pyrovile

The music from the UK version was good as well.  This went high on my playlist after it was in an early episode. 

Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
Reavers!

WillEagle

The wife and I never have gotten into a show like this but we decided to give it a shot, even though my Monday is pretty full with Chuck, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, The Cape, Hawaii Five-0 and now Being Human!! My DVR is going to explode on Monday's. Oh, I forgot the wife DVR's 19 Kids and Counting too!!! Well tonight when we watched Being Human the wife said this is weird but it "sucks" you in! How true. I have found myself enjoying this more than I thought I would. At least with this being on Sy-Fy it should stick around. 

Pyrovile

Reavers!

Rico

Another good show this past week.  Each episode sucks me in more and more.  This series has a unique appeal and I'm loving it so far.  Hope it continues like this for quite awhile.  Already can't wait for next week's episode.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm kinda liking it, but its not my favorite type of genre.  Still, the show as you said Rico has a weird appeal.  So I'm going to watch it.  

However, I noticed that SYFY is pulling a SGU here and all episodes will be delayed by 30 days after the 3rd episode on Hulu.com.  Oh well...

King

Pyrovile

They're just driving viewers to bittorrent and hurting themselves by doing that.
Reavers!

Rico

Quote from: Pyrovile on February 03, 2011, 05:30:30 PM
They're just driving viewers to bittorrent and hurting themselves by doing that.

True 'dat!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on February 03, 2011, 05:32:42 PM
Quote from: Pyrovile on February 03, 2011, 05:30:30 PM

True 'dat!

Except I can't be arsed to torrent this show ;).  But yes, you are correct.  Dumb, dumb move.

King