• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

iOS 6 this week..

Started by Bryancd, September 19, 2012, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on September 27, 2012, 11:20:09 AM
Quote from: X on September 27, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
Lol. I remember a time less than twenty four months ago when king and apple were bffs.

X, that was before he shaved his head and started following the WRONG path! :) :) LOL

Now I'm more curious as to how you knew I shaved my head recently. I don't recall posting pics...oh wait, my FB profile pic, never mind. That was taken by Nathan, that's why I don't remember posting it.

Quote from: X on September 27, 2012, 11:43:50 AM
He has been a little sithy as of late, but Apple is assuredly not the true path.

So...I'm curious now. What's the "true" path?
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

QuadShot

Well Tim, the answer to your question is quite obvious. The "true" path is the one of technological awareness - techno-nervana my friend. And that path leads directly to the thresholds of Apple! Until you can acknowledge this truth, until you ACCEPT it, you shall forever be doomed to be a Bill Gates flunky.  Apple is the way...the truth...the light.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on September 27, 2012, 12:37:20 PM
Well Tim, the answer to your question is quite obvious. The "true" path is the one of technological awareness - techno-nervana my friend. And that path leads directly to the thresholds of Apple! Until you can acknowledge this truth, until you ACCEPT it, you shall forever be doomed to be a Bill Gates flunky.  Apple is the way...the truth...the light.

*snorts water out of his nose* That made me laugh but um, yeah, not a flunky of Bill Gates, as X himself can attest to I don't have the greatest opinion of them. Especially when we talk about another OS with an 8 in its name ;).
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

Wow, Tim Cook released an open letter aplogizing for the maps app. I must admit, even though I know it's new, I have encountered some frustrations trying to find locations that the old app found without any trouble.

To our customers,

At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better.

We launched Maps initially with the first version of iOS. As time progressed, we wanted to provide our customers with even better Maps including features such as turn-by-turn directions, voice integration, Flyover and vector-based maps. In order to do this, we had to create a new version of Maps from the ground up.

There are already more than 100 million iOS devices using the new Apple Maps, with more and more joining us every day. In just over a week, iOS users with the new Maps have already searched for nearly half a billion locations. The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback we have received from you.

While we're improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.

Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world. We know that you expect that from us, and we will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard.

Tim Cook
Apple's CEO

http://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/

Jobydrone

^^^
Some of the best spin control I've ever seen, it really seems genuine.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Yeah, lot's of speculation if Jobs would have been as contrite. :) here's the thin, maps is liek SIRI, the only way to make it better is through hardcore use. Nothing makes a software product better then use case feedback. It could never be released perfect, it need to evolve and the only way to do that is to get it into peoples hands.

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on September 28, 2012, 07:06:30 AM
Yeah, lot's of speculation if Jobs would have been as contrite. :) here's the thin, maps is liek SIRI, the only way to make it better is through hardcore use. Nothing makes a software product better then use case feedback. It could never be released perfect, it need to evolve and the only way to do that is to get it into peoples hands.

I agree, my issue with it is that it is substantially less capable then the app it replaced, at least with regard to location search. I realize it will improve over time. Just stating my opinion of the app in its current state.

Meds

Would be nice if he sent a letter out explaining the recent riots and explanation about the working conditions in Taiyuan. Would like to see that spin.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 28, 2012, 11:34:57 AM
Would be nice if he sent a letter out explaining the recent riots and explanation about the working conditions in Taiyuan. Would like to see that spin.
That must have been from a youtube video that poked fun at Steve Jobs...the tech prophet... ;)
Pete