• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Holiday 2012 seems better to me. Other movies dont seem that great except for The Hobbit.

stonut

Think  Holiday 2012 is pushing it from whats floating round the net but i hope so too.

Poodyglitz

Rico

turtlesrock

Ktrek

I'm glad for continuity's sake that he is directing the sequel but please NO MORE LENS FLARES!!!!! They are so annoying and not in keeping with the quality of Star Trek filmography.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ktrek on September 13, 2011, 08:07:50 PM
I'm glad for continuity's sake that he is directing the sequel but please NO MORE LENS FLARES!!!!! They are so annoying and not in keeping with the quality of Star Trek filmography.

Kevin

Yeah....anything he directs has lens flares...so get ready for it...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

EW confirming this story here as well.  Woot!

J.J. Abrams is ready to engage. EW has confirmed that the insatiable media multi-hyphenate has signed on to direct the sequel to his 2009 hit Star Trek. (Vulture first reported the story.) The first film's screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are penning the screenplay with producer Damon Lindelof, and the main cast — including Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto (pictured, right, with Abrams on the set of the 2009 Trek) — are all set to return. The untitled sequel was originally scheduled to come out June 2012, but the film has moved off of that date to give the writers enough time to polish the script.
Abrams' first crack in the captain's chair netted the reboot the highest-ever grosses for a Trek movie, pulling in $257 million domestically, and $385 million worldwide.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/09/13/j-j-abrams-directing-star-trek-2/?cnn=yes

Poodyglitz

Lens flares and cinema verite shaky cameras, I don't mind. As long as the story is solid, I'm good. I'll even put up with sewage treatment plants masquerading as Engineering.

stansnig

stansnig

turtlesrock

Dangelus

Style is one thing and it cones down to personal taste. I didn't care much for the changes he made to staple Trek things like warp travel, star dates and phasers in the last movie personally.

Now we gave the origin story out of the way I hope they concentrate on giving us a great story and villain.

X

Quote from: Dangelus on September 14, 2011, 08:26:37 PM
Style is one thing and it cones down to personal taste. I didn't care much for the changes he made to staple Trek things like warp travel, star dates and phasers in the last movie personally.

Now we gave the origin story out of the way I hope they concentrate on giving us a great story and villain.
I love the changes to stardates since they now make sense. Before it was just conversions of the production numbers or some random string of numbers.

Dangelus

Quote from: X on September 14, 2011, 09:02:28 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on September 14, 2011, 08:26:37 PM

I love the changes to stardates since they now make sense. Before it was just conversions of the production numbers or some random string of numbers.

True, especially in TOS. The TNG era is where they became a little more structured and I liked that. You could tell where the in the timeline the episode came across all the TNG era Trek shows. Of course the other problem with the new system is the dates are very Earth centric as they are based on our dates. Would the whole Federation really adopt this?